Bad Support

Solved
Highlighted
Tourist
4 0 0

Hi All, 

Is anyone facing any issues with bad support by Shopify or is it me, or is this normal on Shopify? 

We have contacted them twice and we seem to be having a very bad experience when it comes to support, like for example a staff ignores to reply for 8 days, and still has not replied to our issue; it's worried, specially for a company like Shopify.

FYI  ticket ID 18978133.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
441 48 97

This is an accepted solution.

Hi @1Cup,

Hyde here from Shopify. 

I'm sorry to hear you've been having such trouble with contacting us, this is not the experience we would like merchants on the platform to have! I will be leaving your feedback with our internal team so it can be passed back to our management.  In the meantime, thank you for providing the ticket number! I'm going to dig into that and reply to that same ticket directly. 

If you any questions you will be able to reply to that ticket and I will pick it up. 

All the best, Hyde.

Hyde | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

1 Like
Highlighted
4 0 0

Hi,

Yes this has been my experience with them as well. Their support is not that great and they don't seem to really know how to help.  Also it is really very bad customer service to not have anyone available via phone #! 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
4 0 0

Well let's be fair to them, the only problem I had was with live Chat , but when it comes to emails they are very good and you get your answer.

My advise is stop using Live Chat; I think it's a Chat Bot ( Dead human talking to a live human) , send them an email if it's not rush. 

The follow up is awesome; and that means a lot to a customer. 

I think the live humans are stationed in the yellow area (see image)
If you are on the Basic Shopify like us you will have to make friendship with the Chat Bot; who knows we might help (him/her) talk faster in future. LOL

1Cup_0-1599005535514.png

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
441 48 97

Hi @1Cup

I can absolutely guarantee you that Shopify does not use bots to address your questions! 

COVID-19 has meant that most businesses have had to pivot to online sales only due to restrictions on physical interactions, meaning we have seen a huge influx of new merchants onto the platform. Our support team is therefore trying to support these 100's of thousands of new merchants, as well as the merchants that have been with us for years. The queues we were seeing on our phone lines because of all these new merchants were causing a huge amount of frustration, so we have temporarily closed them. We do have a callback service in place where you can request a support agent to call you back at a set time, but this is dependent on availability at the time so it may not always be available. Our email service is still active, though you would need to send the email directly from our support contact page here. Emails you create manually would not reach us, but emails you create from within that support page will. 

I completely understand your frustration and impatience, and we are in the midst of hiring more to ensure our support can provide optimum service to meet the demand. Many online service providers are experiencing similar difficulties, but given the nature of Shopify's service specifically, the increase has been especially high.

Rest assured that we do take this feedback seriously and that I will be passing it on to our developers. In the meantime, we can also offer you support on Facebook ( http://m.me/Shopify) and Twitter (@shopifysupport) and of course, we're happy to answer your questions here in the community too!

All the best, Hyde. 

1 Like
Highlighted
Tourist
4 0 0

Thank you Hyde for the feedback, I know everyone is gong thru hard times with this pandemic.

We are only trying to raise our voice so Shopify can hear us and improve the live chat section.

You guys are still the best in the market, and this is from an experience. 

Wish you all a good day.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
441 48 97

And we are very grateful for the feedback! As I mentioned, you can rest assured it is being noted and fed back to our internal teams as we strive to constantly improve our service offerings. 

All the best, Hyde. 

1 Like
Highlighted
Tourist
3 0 1

I'm sorry, I cant contact Shopify by chat or by phone. 

Emails also not creating tickets. Live chat is not available.

The phone number is not available and chat is not working.
Always after "Select your shop from the list below" redirect me to the "help page"

Please help to contact
1 Like
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
441 48 97

Hi! To contact our support team, first, click here and log into your store. If you don't yet have a Shopify store or are unable to login, you can choose the "Continue without logging in" option at the start. You'll be prompted to ask about a topic:

20-05-s998g-3lwie

Doing this will present you with links to relevant documentation on our Help Center, but there will also be an option to contact us directly if you require further help: 

20-05-ksl5x-pleb8

Clicking on this button at the bottom will then present you with the different support options available: 
20-05-m2m08-ainco

If you are having problems still, could I also ask you to try clearing your cache and cookies on your browser (just in case they're interfering with the loading of pages). 

I hope this helps!

All the best, Hyde. 

0 Likes
Highlighted
4 0 0

Hyde,

Can someone connect me with support? For some reason our account is routed through the support section over and over when I try to choose chat or email options. Boxes are greyed out, and it seems like I have been locked out of the use of chat. Here is my email: enjoyrebisblends@gmail.com

Please get in touch, I have some pressing questions and currently feel like your platform doesn't want us to operate.

Best,

J

0 Likes