Bakery challenges - Local delivery/scheduling/capacity - Anyone found a solution?

Excursionist
14 1 3

@Andrew_Cargill -

Do you have a git for your work in progress?  I could work directly with @Doughnaughty to start on that last-mile so it's ready to go as soon after you launch v1.0 as possible?

0 Likes
Excursionist
14 1 3

@Doughnaughty

If you're looking for a temporary work-around, you can manage your inventory via spreadsheet and have your MOD (or whoever is adjusting to demand) replace your Shopify inventory with up-to-date spreadsheets as needed.  It wouldn't take too much to build a node.js or C# app to manage it on a local PC if you have a local data datasource for real time inventory.  In fact, that might be the route you want to go: look for a direct API connection from your local inventory data source (assuming it has good data entry controls) to Shopify's inventory data.

Well, my client said "don't worry about CDN fallback" for now.  Which is good for meeting the milestone deadline I have today.  Now to go see why those images didn't load to the CDN properly (hopefully before I onboard my second subcontractor when he gets home from the subcontractor).

Good luck adjusting to the the online/delivery world, it's very different than the donut shop, coffee and newspaper world I'm missing these days.

0 Likes
1 0 0

@Andrew_Cargill Do you have an ETA on this feature?

I've got a customer with a similar need as in this thread.  I'm a developer for them, and was wanting to either hook into your APIs, or if you have a solution then point them to that.

Thanks

0 Likes
Shopify Partner
56 2 21

Hey @splybon1,

I hope you're well. To confirm we are still actively working on this. It's been a little more complicated than first anticipated, and can't provide an ETA just yet. If you want to DM me your email address I can let you know the moment it's ready. Of course i'll also update this thread as well  

Thanks,

Andy

Founder - Zapiet - Store Pickup + Delivery (apps.shopify.com/click-and-collect)
0 Likes
1 0 1

I'm interested in this as well.  I have a cookie shop, I discovered this thread from the IndieHackers post.  I'm also using Zapiet.  I've also been looking at Parcelify, which plays with Giftship so I can ship to multiple addresses in one order.

1 0 0

Hi @Andrew_Cargill 

we use zapiet currently but also struggle by not being able to limit sales based on daily limit / future inventory. 

would be interested in exploring if it’s something you are still developing 

0 Likes
Shopify Partner
56 2 21

Hey @RobH ,

Great to hear from you! We are certainly still working on a solution for this. I'd have loved to already have a solution in place for you, but of course this year has been a little out of the ordinary so we've had to focus on ensuring our app can continue to scale to meet demand. Thankfully that works all been completed now so we're back on the case! Expect to hear from me soon  

Kindest,

Andy 

0 Likes
1 0 0

Any updates? I am also just building my donut shop and found I have the very same issue.  Need to limit orders per day, limit days I'm accepting orders and only accept the order placed 24 hours in advance.  

Many thanks

0 Likes
Shopify Partner
56 2 21

Hi all,

Andy here from Zapiet! I just wanted to let you know that we've finally made some significant progress towards daily product limits. I was hoping to get some feedback from you guys to ensure that the controls we are adding are going to be meet your requirements. I've attached a screen recording for you below:

daily-product-limits-shopify.gif

Currently we've added the following:

• Ability to select which products you want to have a daily limit 
  • Daily limit can be different for each day of the week 
  • You can increase or decrease the daily limit for specific dates of the year 

@DonutDawn - We already have the ability to set a 24 hour preparation time via the app. You can also limit the number of pickup, delivery and shipping orders per day. The functionality described above is for going next level and restricting the number of individual products that can be ordered on a given day. 

Let me know what you think  

Andy

Tourist
6 0 0

@Andrew_CargillThanks for the update. The added functionality seems to be exactly what we're looking for so we appreciate you being the first to bring this to market.

When will this be available?

Also, is there any possibility of also adding these limits at the collection level?

0 Likes