Bakery preorder scheduling

Highlighted
3 0 0

I'm building a Shopify site for a bakery so customers can preorder baked goods online for pickup or delivery (no shipping at this time) on a future date.

I think I've solved the issue of scheduling the pickups/deliveries with Zapiet Pickup + Delivery, but I need a way to limit the number of preorders we can accept per day per collection. For example, weekends are very busy for cakes, so we have to set a daily limit to avoid overbooking, but cake production needs to be independent of say, croissants, so when cakes hit their limit it doesn't also cut off croissant preorders.

Is there an app or other workaround that will allow us to set automatic collection-level (or product-level) inventories for each day of the week or month?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
223 43 79

Hi @Myrrhe,

Dani here from Shopify. Thanks for writing in!

That's awesome that you were able to schedule the pickup/deliveries with Zapiet.

In terms of the inventories, I believe Stock Sync would work for you. You can set daily inventories that automatically reset each day, or however long you choose. For this feature, you would need to be on the Basic ($5/month) Stock Sync plan.

It's really cool that you've been able to help other merchants adapt to the current situation by setting them up online. Are you a developer? Have you worked on many Shopify stores before? I'd love to hear about your experience so far!

All the best,

Dani

Dani | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Click Accept as Solution 

0 Likes
Highlighted
3 0 0

Thanks, Dani. I'll take a look at Stock Sync and let you know if it works out or not.

I'm actually not a developer—I help run the bakery I'm working on this site for.

0 Likes
Highlighted
3 0 0

So after talking with Stock Sync, it does not solve the overbooking issue we are running in to.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
10 0 4

Hi there. We are in the same situation, did you ever find a solution? Thanks!

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

Having the same issue....looked up and down and still can't find a app that works best.

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

We've reached out to several firms that specialize in custom Shopify development work and none that we've talked to will touch this.

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

We are in the same boat. Today I found something that might help its called On-Time Delivery and yes! It has a function where you can set order limits to determined time slots. I haven't had the opportunity to try it out as I discovered it today after researching like crazy. But I think it needs to be tweaked to see if it works.

Please let me know if there are other options!

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
161 2 25

Hi @Luisa4 @stephanie88 @Myrrhe ,

If the app you mentioned doesn't work out, we can look into potentially implementing this for you.

I run a pre-order app that is based around collecting order-commitments which transact at a later date (when the store is ready and triggers payment link emails).

We could build in a 'daily order limit' for pre-order listings, which hides the listing each time the daily limit is met. Then un-hides it at midnight.
My guess is you would need payment links sent out straight away, as opposed to being triggered. This is currently possible through the app.

It might not be a perfect fit, but seeing as we already have the capability to hide product listings and take pre-orders, I thought I would offer.

Cheers,

Oli

——————————

Founder @ www.preproduct.io

Test and make sales for future products

0 Likes