Bank Account

Highlighted
1 0 0

Please help. I need to change the bank account on my store, but the system keeps telling me the "old bank account" does not match what I am entering (although the last two digits that are visible are correct). 

There is no help messages to support this, I need to speak with someone as soon as possible as I am planning to go live shortly. 

Thank you in advance. I would appreciate an answer - you can reach me at jeanine@hr-mentors.com.

Jeanine

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
105 16 20

Hey @JWBW 

Eunice here from the Shopify Community, thanks for posting!

From what I'm hearing, it sounds like you're trying to update the bank account associated with your Shopify Payments account? Is that right? If yes, you're absolutely correct, you do need to enter your current bank account details in order to do so. It may be that your original bank details were incorrectly entered. However, there would be no way of confirming this due to them being hidden. What we'll need to do is escalate this to our Accounts Integrity team. For the fastest support, I recommend connecting with one of our Support Advisors through online chat. They're available 24/7 here

vpjyp-prmwj

Escalations can take up to 72 hours, so you may want to hold off on the launch for a couple of days. I understand that isn't the goal here, but you'll want to make sure your store is all in order before you rock 'n' roll. It'll also give you the chance to run through the essential Shopify store launch checklist, if you haven't already done so, to make sure you've not forgotten anything. Believe me, it's easily done!

If you have any issues getting in touch with chat support please do not hesitate to get back to me here, but please note I am not always active in the community, so it may be a little while before I respond.

All the best with the launch!

Eunice | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes