Banner Image Sizing

Highlighted
Shopify Expert
90 0 28

I'm starting to customize my site at https://micro-flex.myshopify.com/, and I need to resize the banner. It's currently forcing the banner to be 920px wide, even though the original images are 1170px wide. I've change the CSS for the divs that hold the image, and I tried re-uploading the pictures after making those changes, but it's still forcing the image to be 920px wide. Any ideas on how to fix this?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Expert
351 0 38

find in the css

img.slide-img {
  max-width: 1170px;
}

and add width: 100% so it looks like this

img.slide-img {
  max-width: 1170px;
  width: 100%;
}

see if that helps

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Expert
90 0 28

Thank you for the idea, but I had tried that and all it does is stretch out the images. It doesn't actually make the images 1170px wide; they're still 920px but stretched to 1170px.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Expert
351 0 38

look at the root src of the img in the code and you'll see that the image is in fact 920px --- so when you say that you re-uploaded some original images that are 1170px they are not being refrenced in the slideshow -- perhaps it has something to do with the way you choose files in the theme customization settings.  you may need to remove the old images and then select files again to try and get a fresh start -- especially if the file names of the 920px images and the 1170px images are the same.

Otherwise, you can check in the theme config file to find the inputs for the slider images to see if they are trimming your upload files (possible, but unlikely)

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Expert
90 0 28

Ok, I figured it out. I had tried uploading other images (with varying widths), and no matter what, it resized to 920px so it had to be something Shopify was doing as I upload it. I finally found where it was in the settings.html. Thanks for the help!

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
5 0 1

Hi Amy

you could let us in on the secret

0 Likes
Highlighted

Hi @Amy24, I made a video tutorial for you on how to change banner image sizing. Hope this helps! https://www.askquesty.com/post/shopify-banner-image-size-tutorial

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

I'm trying to resize my banners, but have not been successful thus far. The banners are way to large, so I would like to reduce the size. My site is www.sockgalaxy.com for reference.

Any suggestions?

0 Likes