Beginner: Dropshipping WITHOUT Ali Express/Oberlo

Highlighted
1 0 0

Hello,

I hope this message finds you all well.

I would like to create an ecommerce store, I have been doing some research and I have found UK based dropshippers for my product, I personally do not like the thought of using Oberlo/Ali Express as the products take too long to ship, and if there are any problems with the supplier it could take longer to resolve due to the time difference and the potential language barriers.

I have the following:

- shopify CSV files from my supplier

- CSV and and XML feed for the stock levels

- Excel files with the pictures

How on earth do I integrate all of this to automate? I do not know where to start. I am trying to be as efficient as possible if I can automate everything and focus on gaining customers that would be awesome.

I look forward to your responses.

Many Thanks,

KCA

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
510 0 69

Hey Christina, 

I'm Ann, from the team here at Shopify :)

It's awesome to hear that you found a supplier to work with that meets the needs of your business! I'd love to help you get the ball rolling. If you are getting a CSV file from your supplier, you will want to make sure the format matches the format that Shopify accepts for CSV files. You can see that format on this page in our Shopify Manual. If your CSV file is a bit different, you'll want to tweak it so it will be imported properly, or you can talk to your supplier to see if they already have a Shopify version. 

Once your products are uploaded, you can add your supplier as the custom fulfillment company. That way, your supplier will get an email with all the order information as soon as you fulfill an order. You can see the steps on how to configure that here

Finally, as for keeping the inventory synced, you can manually update the inventory through CSV files, or you can talk to your supplier to see if there are any custom apps they have. If not, you can always ask a developer to create one for you. You can see a list of third party experts here

I hope this helps! If you have any more questions or concerns feel free to reach out to us on this thread :) 

Have a great one,
Ann

Ann | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

1 Like
Highlighted
Excursionist
112 0 10

Hi, my app Simple Purchase Orders should be able to help. You can add your dropshippers in as suppliers and products you sell with their cost prices. Then when you get orders, the app will automatically create purchase orders and email them straight to your supplier with one click from you. There is tonnes of customisation you can do to the PO as well.

Let me know if you have any questions.

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 0

I am interested in same subject. 

What exactly do I need from the supplier to link them to Shopify?

0 Likes