Benefits of Shopify over WooCommerce

Solved
Highlighted
3 0 0

Hi, 

I have experience of both Shopify and WooCommerce but cannot yet decide which solution is better for which situation.  I find the Shopify mobile easier to use than the WooCommerce equivalent but I find that the plug-in options for WooCommerce (desktop) is better than Shopify. 

My current WooCommerce site is www.mantle-europe.com

My current Shopify site is www.fuzz-buzz.co.uk

I would love to hear your opinion on why Shopify is better than WooCommerce and vice versa!

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 0

I’d personally highly suggest you visit the following thread as this should be your #1 deciding factor (go to final page - page 4 at this time to see my personal 2 cents... and I own multiple 7 & 8 figure Shopify sites...).

https://community.shopify.com/c/Shopify-Discussion/Shopify-Suddenly-Closed-Stores-For-No-Reason/m-p/...

0 Likes
Highlighted
3 0 0

Wow!  I was completely unaware of these issues.  It certainly gives me food for thought before I start consolidating into a single provider.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Trailblazer
216 7 23

This is an accepted solution.

Hello there @MantleEurope,

The key reason to choose WooCommerce over Shopify is versatility. If you’re trying to sell basic goods with limited variation, you probably won’t need the versatility. But if you’re trying to sell products that go beyond “simple “— either in terms of variety, checkout method, or pricing structure — you’ll probably appreciate the versatility of WooCommerce.

Another reason is that certain types of items are banned from Shopify. Since Shopify is a distributed solution, you’re at the discretion of Shopify’s decision-making committee, where certain cosmetics producers have been excluded. Finally, if you want to use WordPress and trust the WordPress plugin community and help, that could be another argument to go for a WordPress eCommerce solution.

If you just want the easiest, most beginner-friendly way to start an eCommerce store, Shopify is definitely a good option. As long as you don’t intend to sell miscellaneous goods with tons of variations, you should be all right in Shopify’s ecosystem. Besides, if you don’t want to spend time maintaining your store (or don’t want to worry about technology in general), then that’s another reason to find Shopify’s simplicity.

I'll recommend you to read our detailed comparison of the two platforms here: WooCommerce vs Shopify: The Comprehensive Guide For You To Choose The Right Platform

Hope it helps!

I'm Jason Dao, Manager of Research & Development Department at Avada Ecommerce.
1 Like
Highlighted
3 0 0

Thanks Jason.  I'll check out the guide!

0 Likes