Best photography printers?

Highlighted
2 0 1

Hey people, I'm going to be starting a photography prints store, and while I've seen lots of drop ship printers that do a dizzying array of products (t-shirts, mugs, etc) I haven't yet come across somebody who it's clear they do photography, well, and can ship fast to both Europe and the US. Have you found one you like, that's priced well, has reliable customer service, and does quality work?

Thanks!

1 Like
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
438 36 73

Hello, there!

Ren here from the Shopify support team, hoping to help you out here. As it stands, there isn't yet an integration that is solely for photography prints. However, many print on demand companies offer art prints along with their apparel and accessories.

The right app depends on what products you'd like to print your photography with. Some option include canvas sets, canvas wraps, acrylics prints, framed posters and prints, square prints, tapestries and wood prints.

Consider looking into:

Printful, Gooten, Kite and Pixels for their various print-on-demand art options. All four of these print-on-demand businesses have warehouses in both Europe and the US. Here's a great read for getting started with selling photography online. Photography as a product can be so versatile. Are you looking to sell stock images as well as your own physical prints?

Another excellent resource available is our full, free print-on-demand course from Shopify Academy which covers everything from establishing a niche to building a profitable business.

Do you have any questions on how to get started with these steps? Feel free to drop them in this thread. Best of luck.

Ren | Social team @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Click Accept as Solution 

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 1
Hey Ren,

Thanks for your suggestions. Since initially asking the question, I’ve found two great options, but neither directly via your app store, as when you search in there, you get 5+ pages of listings, the first three pages are largely more of the t-shirt, mug, poster printing variety, including Printful and Printify and the others you recommended.

Via a fellow photographer’s recommendation who currently has a Shopify based store, she told me that The Print Space in the UK has a Shopify app called Creativehub . It looks quite good. You wouldn’t know it though from the description on the app store, unfortunately. It’s obliquely described as “Find art to sell, sell your own art.” Once on their page, it’s quite apparent they’re a good option. I don’t know how much Shopify has its hands in those descriptions, but ones that make things more apparent and clear would be helpful, to all concerned.

Doing some of my own research, I found another option which integrates with Shopify: Printhouse. They look top notch! They have 5 printing facilities in the US, Mexico and UK. Your product gets shipped white label, with a sticker of your brand on the box, and a custom card of your design on the inside.
So perhaps file those options away for future reference.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
3 0 1

hello, I am trying to install the CreativeHub app in my shopify store but i am getting an error message that appears to be coming from Shopify rather than the app itself.  Would you know how I fix this so I can work on my prints in my shopify store?  I have connected my domain name and everything else functions well.  Thank you in advance and look forward to hearing from you.Screenshot 2020-04-10 at 08.50.48.png

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
438 36 73

Hello @mrdk1!

Thanks for your post. The screenshot appears to be asking you to complete your domain settings though you indicated that's already been completed. Are you attempting to connect Creative Hub via this link? It may help to try and clear your browsers cache and try again or perhaps log-in to your Shopify account from another browser and navigate to the app store from there. 

To do this, go to Apps to the left and use the Visit the Shopify app store link here: 

Then search Creative Hub and see if that does the trick! Let me know how you fare. 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
3 0 1

Thank you Ren7.  Turned out the app itself had a bug which they manually showed me how to bypass.  I attach the instructions they sent me for anyone else who may need them also.  I also went to Chrome which worked.  I was youse Brave browser which probably had an ad blocker that restricted me. Thank you!

Screenshot 2020-04-13 at 14.26.02.pngScreenshot 2020-04-13 at 14.26.10.pngScreenshot 2020-04-13 at 14.26.16.png

1 Like
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
438 36 73

Hi @mrdk1

Thanks for letting me know, I'm very glad you managed to get connected. I'll be sure to file this resource away should I come across someone in need of help with the same issue. Much appreciated! 

0 Likes