Best setup for product with more than 100 variants.

Solved
Highlighted
10 0 0

Hi there I am wanting to sell hoodies, which come in 7 sizes and 72 colour options.  I did not realize that 100 variants was a total limit and not per option eg 100 colour or 100 sizes.  

I have thought about setting up a new product for each colour so just having the one variant option being size. This would then mean going back a page to select a different colour, so not ideal.  However, I was trying to think about how this finished idea may look like on the published web page.  Many sites I have been on seem to be able to get around this issue, but I do not know if they use Shopify.  You would simply click the colour you want often a swatch and then the size.  

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
128 12 24

This is an accepted solution.

Hi, @marcusrcoates!

I'm Miles from the Social Care team at Shopify. Welcome to the Shopify Community!

There are a few ways to get around Shopify's 100 variant limit. They come in the form of apps from our Shopify App Store. Below, I have recommended some apps for you to help you create those larger variant items.

• Infinite Options

• 14-day free trial, then $6.99/month
    • Create an unlimited amount of custom product options including text, numbers, calendars, swatches, checkboxes, and dropdown menus
    • Increase your store's average order size by using our product bundle feature.
  • Bold Product Options

• $19.99/month
    • Every product option & custom field imaginable! Swatches, file uploads, text areas, date pickers, conditional logic, radio buttons, & more!
    • Product options can be linked to products! That means you can bundle in smaller items. "Add the matching bag?" Yes, it adds the bag too.

If these options aren't suitable, you can find a list of similar apps here: https://bit.ly/2VfOVgZ. You can filter to free apps if you wish to find a free option.

I hope this has been helpful. If you need any other guidance on this, please don't hesitate to reach out.

Thanks!

Miles | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
10 0 0

Hello Miles

Thank you for your reply, I will have a look at the apps.  The swatches may prove to be a useful option.

Thanks Marcus

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

Hi, I have a similar problem.  Clothing with up to 15 colour options and 7 or 8 size options.  My technical knowledge is limited and I am really struggling with this. 

I have worked out how to format my products into a csv file so I can import them that way.  I have close to 1000 products.  I have had a look at the Product Options by Bold app but to be honest I don't even know where to start.  

Do any of these apps have the option to upload products using a csv like I can in Shopify.  

I am looking for something I can understand easily

Thanks

0 Likes
Highlighted
10 0 0

Hi Mel

I installed the infinite options app (paid for service).

This allowed me to add a swatch of 72 colours and the sizes.  It took a bit of time to set up, but hopefully I will only need it for a few products.

0 Likes
Highlighted

Check out Best Custom Product Options. Bold just raised their prices to $49.99 which is a little pricey. 

1 Like