Best way to manage more than one language on Shopify?

Highlighted
Tourist
4 0 1

Hi guys, I think the question from Roman is a good one.

@Brian: If I have a shop www.wallum.eu with two different languages (English and German) and I would like to have en.wallum.eu and de.wallum.eu do I need two Wallum accunts or can I put it into one? It would be very unconvenient if not due to all handling orders/stock etc ... 

@Johannes Hodde: Now we are using the "Multilingualizer" but I think it is not good :( If we will use your app we won't be able to also adapt more languages in for example the app "Product Review Addon" or will we be able to do so? 

Thank you.

Best regards,
Max

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
100 0 13

@Max and @Heikki:

langify allows you to host multiple languages on differnet (sub)domains using a single shopify store only (rusteprotection is a single shopify store using langify)

@Max:

You can translate your content into multiple languages manually using langify. There is no limit on the amount of languages that you can translate to. The shopify product reviews app can be translated as well but would require some customizations. If you need help with this, please reach out to support@langify-app.com directly :)

Thanks,

Johannes

Highlighted
Shopify Partner
3 0 2

I created a guide on Medium with some hints for multi-language support in Shopify.

Markus Tripp / Developer
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
5 0 2

You save my day for this problem. But I'm thinking: Shopify could support multi-language it's important for small business on the world.

My client don't want pay more for that because he have time use WordPress.

Highlighted
Tourist
5 0 1

Hi André, 

Hope you managed to find a suitable solution by now.

In case you're still looking for the right app, here's quite a useful article with a review of four multi-language apps for Shopify stores.

The review features Langify as well, it's a decent app and does what it says. Anyways, might be useful for you to find out about some other apps as well and find the best one for you. 

Best of luck, 

Darrin

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

What's the best Shopify solution for a Canadian site that wants to offer English and French versions? I believe a native French version (vs computer translation) that you can toggle to would be ideal. 

Currently we just offer English - https://shopca.furbo.com/

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

Hi

I was wondering if this is still the way to go in 2020. Any suggestions? I do want 1 shop and subdirectories on the domain. 

Greets,

DJ

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

I just visited your website (looks really great) and you managed to have multiple languages! What solution did you use? Thank you!

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

Easy solution, one store for every lang, look the domain how to change when you click another country

0 Likes