Why is my Shopify bill payment failing using PayPal?

swapnilpandao
4 0 0
i finished my 14 day free trail now i wanted to pay the shopify bills but my payment getting failed .i have registered the paypal account with shopify to pay the shopify bills but as i click to paybill option it shows failed pay invoice . how do i pay my shopify bills i dont have a credit card. i am not based in united state.

Replies 5 (5)

Hank
Shopify Staff
1102 128 187

Hi, @swapnilpandao,

Hank here from Shopify.

Were you always set up with PayPal when you had your trial active? Or is it only since the payment declined that you are trying to pay with PayPal?

As you mentioned, if based within the United States, you are unable to use PayPal as a one-time or recurring billing method, but outside of that, you should be able to in countries where PayPal operates.

What error message are you seeing, is it just the invoice failed message or multiple? Or are you seeing anything when you log into your PayPal account? It should show any error messages within your account, and you will be able to resolve the issue presented.

Let me know how you get on, or if you have any additional questions.

All the best,

Hank 

Hank | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

swapnilpandao
4 0 0

As i click on pay bill option it shows *failed to pay invoice. i dont know way it is happening.

Hank
Shopify Staff
1102 128 187

Thank you for the additional context.

I can confirm that message is an error with your payment method you are using. As you mentioned you are using PayPal, I would recommend logging in to your PayPal account to see if there are any error messages showing which may shed more light on the possible issue. 

Then if still not seeing anything, you can reach out to PayPal directly, to query why the payment is not going through, once you ensure enough funds are there to cover the invoice.

Hank | Social Care @ Shopify 

Herbsandlime
Visitor
2 0 3

Same Here, 

Nothing wrong on the PayPal side. Monthly payments always go fine with PayPal to shopify, but now suddenly it gives the  *failed to pay invoice. And I cant solve it.

Don
Shopify Staff
2762 199 388

Hi there @Herbsandlime!

Don here helping out today.

Thanks for reaching out here in the Shopify Community to let us know about the issue that popped up for you.

It's difficult to say from here what might be leading to this, but if you are happy to share any screenshots or further info you have on the error as you see it we can check that out with you here.

You mentioned that there didn't appear to be anything wrong with your PayPal account, but I would still recommend reaching out to PayPal support so you can work with them to see if there is any other info available on this transaction or why it might be failing.

If they confirm that there's something on the Shopify side of things not working as it should, you can reach out for account support via our Help Centre here.

There we'll be able to access and discuss your account info with you securely and see if there's anything else we can see about this transaction.

Feel free to share any other info you'd like to here on what's happening too so we can be sure you're pointed in the right direction for support. 

Don | Social Care @ Shopify