Billing Refund?

1 0 0

Hi there, I know you don't give out refunds typically but I thought I'd ask anyway.

I had a store set up which I had the intention of closing. However with a lot of personal circumstances going on and being in out of the hospital, it completely slipped my mind to close my store before I was billed for another month. I was just wondering if it is possible to receive a refund for it. My store is closed now but I was billed yesterday for the month. Thanks for any help!

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
612 57 80

Hey, @MoonlightGrove!

Ash here from the Shopify team. Welcome to the Shopify Community! 

You're correct that Shopify generally doesn't provide refunds as per our Terms of Service. With that said, we absolutely appreciate that many are going through difficult times right now, and sometimes quick decisions need to be made. For that reason, we're happy to take a closer look into specific cases to see if there's any room for exception.

I see you mentioned that you've now closed the store, but we're charged yesterday for the month going forward. We wouldn't want to charge you for a service not rendered, so let's move our conversation to email so that I can authenticate you and take a look into the back end of the account in question. I've sent an email to the email address associated with your Shopify Community account. Please reply back to that email directly, and once I hear back we can take a more detailed look into your request. 

Ash | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes