Bin Locations

Highlighted
Excursionist
14 0 3

Bin Locations -- is this really not something that Shopify supports? 

We need a bin location field on each product that integrates with ShipStation, where we print our packing slips and ship from. 

It isn't optional, it is a requirement. I am struggling to understand how on a platform as large as Shopify that this isn't a standard feature to have a bin location field (it's just as important as a SKU).  

Any assistance here? 

3 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
7 0 2

Same question. I do my own fulfillment (for now), and need to assign bin numbers. Seems like this is something everyone needs. 

The answer is probably spend $30/month on some apps to do this very, very simple thing.

1 Like
Highlighted
2 0 0

We also need this and i've been searching and searching for answers and all i can find is 'find someone to build it for you'

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

We've been here since 2016 and have been using SKUs to include a BIN number. If anyone has an app recommendation or workaround it would be appreciated. We thought about using a third option field in addition to Size and Color and hiding it on the product page. Ultimately we need a dedicated BIN field at the variant level. This should be a part of Shopify without needing a third party app and it's insane that it's still not available.

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 0

The problem with that is moving stock, we are very trend driven and some items go out of fashion so we move them to a lower area or a smaller section so we'd be changing skus all the time. I moved from bigcommerce last year and its the only thing i can't solve.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
397 28 61

Hello Merchants,

The only real solution is the one you build for yourself.

Our team here at Achieve Applabs can help you build a custom app to coordinate and manage inventory with bin locations.

Please express your interest by emailing us at hello@achieveapplabs.com. Once we determine your true requirements we'll send you a quote and start the process. 

Best Regards,

Achieve Team

Custom Apps and Theme Support | Email us: hello@achieveapplabs.com | Follow us on Twitter @achieveapplabs | Hosted solutions | Lifetime support
0 Likes
Highlighted
4 0 0

))))))))))))))))

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
10 0 0

Our app Power Tools (works on iOS and Android) helps merchants to assign bin locations to variants and to update inventory on mobile. 

To find a product we offer full text search, including SKU, Options fields, Product Title, Barcode and more. 

You can try it out for 14 days.

https://apps.shopify.com/inventory-app-4?surface_detail=bin+locations&surface_inter_position=1&surfa...

If you have any question please dm.

0 Likes
Highlighted
4 0 0

If you are using ShipStation, you can setup bin location in that which is what I do. I would rather just ship out of Shopify and have to pay more money to use shipstation since we only sell on Shopify site.

0 Likes