Black Friday Blanket Sale / landing page query

Highlighted
Tourist
7 0 1

Hi

I am looking at creating a blanket sale for Black Friday (% off all products). I am new to Shopify and I am wondering how I set this up. I know there is a way to add a automated discount which is applied at the basket/checkout stage, but I want the discount to be visible on the product pages too. Is there a way to do this?

Also, is there a way I can modify the design of my homepage for a day and schedule/revert back to the changes as I want to create a landing page on the Black Friday day.

Regards

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
826 91 148

Hey @!

Cal here from Shopify, thanks for reaching out to us. These are great questions!

There are a few methods you could use to achieve this 'blanket' sale: 

In relation to your second query about a temporary front-end for the sale period, I'd recommend duplicating your theme file, editing it to meet the needs of your promotional period, and then publishing it when the sale begins. Your existing theme file can then be re-published when the sale period is over. You can even keep that new promotional theme for next years sale period! Most businesses would have 'seasonal' theme files like this to meet their front-end needs year-round.  You can read about how to duplicate your theme here

I'd also suggest, giving the BFCM period is approaching, to check out our BFCM specific resources to make sure you are ready to make the most of the period here. This BFCM toolbox contains some great information on email marketing, discounts, shipping, amongst many other essential topics to enhance your business's offering. 

I hope this information helps and let me know if you have any further questions! 

Cal | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
7 0 1
Hello,

Thank you for your email. Surely there must be a simple and quicker way to discount all the products rather than manually doing it 1 at a time as we have hundreds of products that need amending. Also, instead of adding a price, would there be a way to add the percentage amount that will be discounted so that the system modifies the price automatically with the percentage?

Kind Regards,

Grant Williams
Digital Marketing & Web Development Manager
grant@enamelshades.co.uk

> On 9 Nov 2020, at 16:52, Ty Williams wrote:
>
> Note: Replying directly via email is not supported, to respond to this notification click Reply , or sign into the Shopify Communityand respond within the topic .
>
> Hi gwilliams,
>
>
> Cal (Shopify Staff) posted a new reply in Shopify Discussion on 11-09-2020 08:18 AM:
>
>
>
> Re: Black Friday Blanket Sale / landing page query
>
>
>
> Hey @gwilliams !
>
> Cal here from Shopify, thanks for reaching out to us. These are great questions!
>
> There are a few methods you could use to achieve this 'blanket' sale:
>
> The most obvious (and my recommendation) would be to discount your products manually using the 'Compare At' price product detail. We have a great step-by-step guide on the best way to achieve a sale of this sort here . This can even be done on a variant level which is super useful.
> The second option, which might not suit this type of 'blanket' sale, is to offer a discount code that would offer a percentage off at checkout when used. You can learn about using discount codes here .
>
> As you mentioned, automatic discounts might not be suitable for this type of promotion, but you can learn more about its own particular best use cases here .
>
> Your last option would be to rely on a third party discount application, a full range of which you can find in our app store here .
> In relation to your second query about a temporary front-end for the sale period, I'd recommend duplicating your theme file, editing it to meet the needs of your promotional period, and then publishing it when the sale begins. Your existing theme file can then be re-published when the sale period is over. You can even keep that new promotional theme for next years sale period! Most businesses would have 'seasonal' theme files like this to meet their front-end needs year-round. You can read about how to duplicate your theme here .
>
> I'd also suggest, giving the BFCM period is approaching, to check out our BFCM specific resources to make sure you are ready to make the most of the period here . This BFCM toolbox contains some great information on email marketing, discounts, shipping, amongst many other essential topics to enhance your business's offering.
>
> I hope this information helps and let me know if you have any further questions!
>
> Reply | Accept as Solution | Like
>
>
> Shopify Community sent this message to grant@enamelshades.co.uk .
> You are receiving this email because a new message matches your subscription to a topic.
>
> To control which emails we send you please go to, manage your subscription & notification settings or unsubscribe .
0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
826 91 148

Hi again! The methods mentioned above are the best ways to achieve the sale/promotional period that you mentioned.

You can use the bulk editor in your admin to edit the Compare At price quickly on each product.

Or perhaps if a member of your team knows how to use and edit CSV files, they could export the products to a CSV spreadsheet, edit the Compare At field for the sale goods, and then upload their new CSV file to the store. You can learn how to use CSV files here

Alternatively, you would need to use a discount app if you were looking for some other method, and I'd suggest reaching out to the app developers themselves to query how their integration might solve your business needs. 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
7 0 1

I will have a go at the compare at price.

Is there a way to schedule this as I am looking at starting and ending this sale at midnight 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
826 91 148

To adjust prices super quickly I'd recommend having two CSV files. One product CSV export of your products that you will not edit for reverting back to the original prices when the sale is over, and a second product CSV export that you can alter all the 'compare at' data for use in the sale. This will ensure you can re-adjust your prices as fast as possible with minimum effort. When the sale is on, upload the sale CSV, and once the sale is over, upload the unedited CSV to restore everything to normal. 

Best of luck!

0 Likes