Black Friday Dashboard Error/Bug

Highlighted
2 0 0

There seems to be an error on live data reporting on dashboards both on desktop and mobile for my store haggar.ca.

This has been happening since 10 AM ET and even after reporting it thrice, it hasnt been logged on the shopify status page. The support team has confirmed that this error is spread across the board. Are others facing this issue as well? 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Excursionist
25 2 8

Yeah, been seeing something similar, the graphs are lagging behind but it seems to be getting better in the last hour.

Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
627 58 158

Hi @Vebs,

Thank you for reaching out with your question. This is a known issue that has been affecting merchants today and our engineers are currently working on a solution for all stores experiencing this problem. We have begun to see a recovery of this data on some stores but we are continuing to monitor the situation and ensure it is resolved across the board. We hope to have achieved this within the coming hours.

Please note that this issue has not been affecting merchants' ability to process sales and the issue only concerns the reporting of this data.

Kind regards,

Victor | Shopify Social Care

- Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 2
Yep, I thought it was odd too, how everything seemed stuck?! So did you make any sales?? Nothing came through for me though??
Highlighted
2 0 0

Victor,

This event was never logged as a bug on the status and prolonged throughout the entire day. It seems that Shopify wanted better metrics for optics vs transparency during peak traffic hours.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
627 58 158

Hi @Vebs,

Thank you for your feedback on the analytics issue that occurred over the Black Friday weekend. We strive for transparency and acknowledged the issue on our social media channels, as we tried to keep merchants updated as the situation progressed. Not all incidents are reported on the status page and any issues that were affecting storefronts and/ or the ability of merchants to make sales would have been listed there. That said, I can appreciate your point on the analytics issue not being reported there and why it may have been helpful if it had been. I will pass on your feedback to our relevant internal team who handle updates posted on the status page.

Kind regards,

Victor | Shopify Social Care

- Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes