Black Owned Businesses

JudahLife20
1 0 0

Is there any information for black -owned small businesses that would like to be identified as such on the Shop App or other sales channels? Thanks!

0 Likes
Julie
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1103 105 274

Hey, @JudahLife20!

Julie here from Shopify Support. Thanks for reaching out! 

It's so great to hear that you're wanting to list your business in the Shop app and other sales channels. Recently, we launched the Build Black program, which is focused around supporting and celebrating Black-owned businesses. 

Within this program, you'll find the Black Business Directory, which allows shoppers around the world to easily buy from and support Black-owned businesses on Shopify. You can apply to become listed in this directory right here. If approved, your store will also be discoverable within the Shop app, where there is a section specifically for Black-owned businesses. 

I should mention that the Build Black program also includes the Build Black Community, which provides you with the opportunity to connect, learn from, and build with fellow Shopify merchants. This might be something worth taking advantage of, so feel free to signup at any time. 

I hope this answers your question and I'd like to thank you again for your interest in getting involved in the Build Black program. If you have any further questions, please let me know! 

Julie | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
sassaries
Tourist
9 0 2

Hi Julie!

Hope is well. I submitted my business Sassaries for the Black Owned Directory earlier this month.  How can I check the status of my submission?  Thanks

0 Likes
Julie
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1103 105 274

Hi, @sassaries!

I'm so glad to hear that you've already submitted your business to the Black Business Directory.

Our team reviews submissions as they are received, and new businesses are published on a semi-monthly basis. If your shop was selected, then it should appear in the directory within 10 business days of submission. 

While I'm not able to access the status of your submission from here in the Community Forums, you can find out if your shop was selected by searching for it in the Black Business Directory; if you don't see your shop there, that means the shop was not accepted. 

Thanks again for reaching out and I hope this helps! 

Julie | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes