Block redirection homepage logo header

2 0 0

Hi! I would like to know if anyone knows how to block the redirection to the home page by clicking on the logo in the header? Thank you in advance

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
587 54 117

Hey there, @manol 

Bo here from Shopify Support! 

That should be possible with a little coding. This totally depends on the theme that you are using. If it is a Shopify Supported theme I would be more than happy to look into it for you! If it is not a Shopify Supported theme, not to worry, take a look at our guide on getting support for your third party theme here.

I would love to know why it is you would like to disable this. Generally speaking, most big websites have this feature (Facebook, YouTube, Twitter, .etc) and users are accustomed to this quick shortcut to get back to the homepage. This customization may hinder the accessibility of the website in this way and frustrate some users. 

I look forward to hearing from you,

Bo

Bo | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
2 0 0

Hello and thank you for your interest! I use the speedfly theme you know it? I think it's a theme that's not part of shopify.

I would like to block the redirection to the home page to prevent the customer from scattering on my shop and staying focused on the product page to buy.

Thank you for your help

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
587 54 117

Thank you for confirming, Manol! You will be able to get support for this theme here. 

All the Best,

Bo

Bo | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes