Blocking an anonymous proxy

Highlighted
2 0 5

I've noticed over the last few months that my site has suddenly been receiving multiple visits from an anonymous proxy. Is there any way to block this visitor? I know there are apps that can block specific IPs/countries but I haven't come across an app that can also block anonymous proxies. Does anyone know of an app that will help with this? Any advice will be greatly appreciated.

Highlighted
2 0 3

I have been noticing this too with my store and the person/bot keeps trying to login to the account section. I am concerned as to what they are up to.

Hopefully, someone can drop some insight for us. 

Highlighted
2 0 3

I'm having the same problem. Can Shopify do something about this?? 

Highlighted
1 0 1

I having the same issue. Did shopify respond by any chance?

Highlighted
2 0 3
Nope, no response yet.
Highlighted
Tourist
4 0 2

I'm having the same issue.  

Is there something that can be done about this? 

Highlighted
2 0 3

Just an update I've been using Blockade app on shopify. They used to only block countries but they've added a new feature that could block VPNs and hosting providers and the best part is that it's free. I'm just not sure if they're going to charge in the future. You can also see the ip address of those people visiting your site. Hope this helps.

Highlighted
Tourist
5 0 1

Why are you choosing to block the people that are using VPN or proxy. It is nothing bad, those people are just trying to be safe while being online. There are so many places that are tracking all of your info and it is really important that you try to be safe all the time. There are some websites that have so many proxies like TPB. It is sometimes hard to get on that website and that is when proxies come to help. You can find them on avoidcensorship.org and that is a way which will provide you a way to always have an access to TPB.

Highlighted
4 0 0

I'm not starting working until I switch on the VPN and connect the proxy. Because nowadays it is impossible to work without it. I have to do daily a lot of banking operartions and I'm really afraid that somebody will be able to follow my traffic and to see my bank details. I'm transferring thousands of dollars and those are really big am. of money. My day doesn't start without a proxy connection because I want to be sure for 100% that nobody will trick me. I'm waiting when it will be available for the mobile phone.

0 Likes
Highlighted
3 0 0

I've had hacking problems in the past, that is one of the main reasons i switch from wordpress to shopify. The site has been public for just one day, and I've already gotten a visit from an anonymous proxy trying to access my password. Should I be worried? My hosting provider doesn't help much.

0 Likes