Blog Feedback Mechanism

15 0 0
Is there a way to allow users to post comments to a blog page on my site? My goal is to open up a feedback mechanism so that my users can give feedback that is available for everyone else to see. I would also like to have an administor feature so that the comments can be submitted or deleted to the blog before it is open for the other users to see. Thanks in advance! Kristy Baby Pouter http://babypouter.myshopify.com
0 Likes
102 0 0

Kristy, my previous post asked for everyone to give examples of add-ons that they are using with shopify. You would have benfitted from that post (had people replied to it) lol.

The answer to your question is: Haloscan – commenting and trackback

www.haloscan.com (I think) It will allow users to post comments and you will have some administrative control over posts if you purchase the full version ($12) It was super easy to implement into the site. (Only two lines of code to cut and paste.)

Let me know if you need any help with it. It gets lonely around this forum.

Good Luck!

0 Likes
15 0 0

Thanks Mel. I agree it would make life much easier if the wealth of knowledge was shared freely in the forum. I suppose some “experts” would prefer to charge! Thankfully I have a husband that is a software developer, so he helps most of the time. :) Thanks again for the info!!

0 Likes
Shopify Partner
257 0 0

I don’t think anyone would charge you to give you a link, information is definitely shared freely here. Keep in mind that Shopify is barely a month old; we’re all still learning and still keeping an eye out for 3rd party solutions. :)

Cliff Spence
0 Likes
102 0 0

Kristy, Cliff is a good person to have on your team. He has helped me out of a jam once or twice already in that month. I hope the coding worked, good luck on the site! Mel

0 Likes
15 0 0

I hope no offense was taken Cliff. I definately didn’t mean to offend anyone. I’m just really new to everything, and not a programmer or coder by any means; and therefore probably need more support than most. This forum is a wonderful resource!

0 Likes
Shopify Partner
257 0 0

Oh, no, not at all. Just wanted to clarify that there are a lot of helpful people here, especially the Jaded Pixel folks. :)

Cliff Spence
0 Likes
102 0 0

Kristy, I’m glad that you are here! I was starting to get lonely as the only dependant non-programming noobie.

0 Likes