Blog Post Showing Up Blank On View

Highlighted
1 0 0

Hi guys,

I'm hoping to get some help with publishing my first blog. 

When I click on 'View', the page shows up blank with no content. When I enter the URL, the same thing happens.

Does anyone know what the problem is?

Thanks! 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
128 12 24

Hi, @Mary32!

I'm Miles from the Social Care team at Shopify. Welcome to the Shopify Community!

As we don't have a link to your store, the below will be general information on what you can do to make sure you can view your blogs. If you do have a link to your store, and the below advice does not help, please reply to this thread with a link to your store so the community can take a look at any potential issues.

First off, if you're using Shopify's built-in blog, make sure it's published and viewable to the public. You can check this by going to Online Store > Blog posts. Once that page loads, have a look on the top right, and you will see a section showing visible, or hidden. On that page, you're also able to preview the blog, by clicking the eye on the top of the page.

If the page is still blank, we'll need to look at apps and ay coding changes. If you've downloaded any apps that you're using for page-building or blog posts, make sure they haven't caused the issue. You can always reach out to the app developers if you're concerned that they have caused an issue with your blog displaying. If not, have a look at your code. Have you made any changes there?

Outside of your blog, are other pages working as expected? Is your menu clickable, and can you view your product pages, as well as other pages? Have a look at the funtionality as a whole, and see if you can find the common link between your blog not displaying and other pages that may not be working.

If you discover coding or apps have caused the issue, your best bet is to work with a developer to help you with fixing any coding issues. Shopify Support is unable to assist with coding related issues caused by custom code or apps, so we have a marketplace called Shopify Experts. There, you're able to post a listing outlining what you need help with. Our experts will then respond to your adds with quotes. You're also able to view our experts and contact them without posting an ad.

I hope this helps to resolve your issues. If not, please reply with your website URL and we'll be able to take a deeper look.

Thanks!

Miles | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
7 1 2

I fixed it. Thanks 

0 Likes