Blog article isn't visible when you go to "Blog" page

Highlighted
Shopify Partner
4 0 0

Articles I have read on the forum all say "outdated" at the top, and don't seem to apply, and I'd really like to figure this out.

When I click on "Blog" in my menu, it takes me to my Blog, but the article isn't visible. A summary version of it shows in the footer, but I want the actual article to show on the Blog page.  It SHOULD, right?  I'm used to Wordpress... and Shopify is new for me.

I've attached an image of my screen so you can see what I mean. And yes - it is set to "Visible".

Thanks in advance!

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
540 0 67

Hey, Juanima! 

Savannah here from the Shopify Guru Team. 

I've seen this happen a few times before, and in those cases it was because the blog menu item was pointed to the wrong blog type. 

Would you mind navigating to Online Store>Navigation and clicking "edit" on your main menu? If you scroll down to your blog menu item, you'll notice that you can choose which blog is linked. Sometimes this can get confusing if you've created multiple different blogs, or accidentally created duplicates of the same blog. Try toggling to another blog type, and letting me know if that does the trick! :) 

Happy selling!
Savannah

0 Likes
Shopify Partner
4 0 0

Hi Savannah!

You were spot on! I don't know how in the world I duplicated my blog. I remember changing the comments function to "pending moderation", and somehow I duplicated the blog in the process. Now when I click on Blog it takes me to the article! Yay!

However, it gives me just a portion of the blog, which I don't have a problem with, except that all formatting is removed so that three paragraphs are shoved up into one paragraph without the bold headers. It doesn't look very good! Any way to change this?

Thanks again for your help!

0 Likes
Excursionist
49 0 8

You can edit the way the blog displays articles in the list in your blog.liquid file. This is an example blog.liquid file (from the Solo theme).

Also, you should be able to directly edit the preview of an individual article by clicking "Add excerpt" below the article editor. Your theme might not support this feature, so you might have to edit your blog.liquid file (though first just try editing the excerpt and see if it works).

0 Likes
Shopify Partner
4 0 0

Advaith - Brilliant!!!

I found the "Add excerpt" link under the article, and wrote it just the way I wanted it to view, and it worked beautifully. 

THANK YOU ALL SO MUCH!!!  

0 Likes
Excursionist
49 0 8

You're welcome :)

And by the way, your footer is pretty long now. :)

0 Likes
Shopify Partner
4 0 0

Ohhhhhh my gosh..... Thank you for pointing that out! I've been at meetings all day and just now got back to my site. Yikes! I've deleted that now. Thank you, Advaith!!

0 Likes
Tourist
30 0 0

Hey guys! My theme (Impulse) doesn't show the excerpt...well i can write it down but it doesn't show up... What is the code to put in the liquid?

Kind regards, Stephanie

0 Likes