Blog page's featured image thumbnail wont show up

Aunlexander
Visitor
1 0 0

Hello guys.

I have this problem: When I upload featured image onto Blog page, the save button stays unavailable like this:

Aunlexander_0-1603867711356.png

and when I try to edit alt text it shows this error notification

Aunlexander_1-1603867846365.png

The result is my blog page cannot display featured image thumbnail

Aunlexander_3-1603867920132.png

I don't know if the previous guy who managed this store made any change in theme files.

Can anyone help me sort this out? 

Thank you so much!

Replies 3 (3)

Jivan_Suhagiya
Shopify Partner
582 79 124

Hi,
Actually its not theme related issue, but is from backend(Shopify). 
Did you tried to upload different image?

If helpful then please Like and Accept Solution.
Email: suhagiyajivan1992@gmail.com
First kind of Checkout Reminder APP: https://apps.shopify.com/checkout-reminder

Andrew
Shopify Staff (Retired)
1746 173 317

Hi @Aunlexander,

Hyde here from Shopify.

When I take a look at the screenshot you provided, I can see that the template for the page you are creating is certainly a custom template and not a native Shopify one:

20-10-jd0sa-u5bjg

It looks like it may be a code template from the third-party app Pagefly, in which case you could reach out to the app developers directly to ask for help removing the residual code.

Alternatively, if you click on this, can you see alternate templates available in a drop-down? If so, can you test them out to see if any of them work? If any of the other templates work, you could simply opt to change the template suffix every time you build a page to make sure it is not using the Pagefly template that has been left behind by the app.

I hope this helps, let me know if you have any other questions!

All the best, Hyde.

To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Community Blog.

mm10
Visitor
1 0 0

hey @Andrew would you be able to help the rest of us having the same issue with your native templates? https://community.shopify.com/c/Technical-Q-A/Featured-Image-Won-t-Save-or-Upload-Properly/m-p/92659...