Blog posts hidden by default.... Agh!

Highlighted
2 0 0

When I publish pages and blog posts they always default to Hidden with a time a couple of hours int he future.

Its really irritating and seems bizarre that this is the case - does anyone know how to change this default setting or at least easily overideit? Selecting the "visible" button doesnt work either... It will default back to the future publish time / date reagrdless of this.

Very annoying....!!

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
607 30 97

Hey, there!

My name is Ava, I’m one of Shopify’s Gurus and I’m here to help :)

When creating a blog post, the post will default to 'hidden' until you select 'visible'. This is to ensure no blog posts are accidentally published until they are ready to be viewed by your customers! When you select visible, it will automatically be visible as of the time you click that button. For example, here in my test store - https://screenshot.click/16-45-o618q-9rsmi.mp4. I made this recording at 10.45am GMT, so when I click save on this post, it will be visible to customers straight away.

There is an option to have a blog post visible at a certain point in the future, but you would need to select that here - 

If you are following the steps above but are still having issues, I'd love to help out! Would you be able to send us an email to support@shopify.com using the email address listed as the account owners? Once you have done that, you can pop back here and let me know the support ticket number you were assigned (which will be emailed to you). That way, I can pick the ticket out of the queue and look into this for you in detail.

Let me know if that works for you!

Ava

Social Care Guru | support@shopify.com

Ava | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 0

ALas, it doesnt work.. When the button is selected it defaults back to the "hidden" category. I have tried a number of different ways but still its not having the desired result.... I will open a ticket.

Thanks

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
607 30 97

So sorry to hear that! Do let me know what your support ticket number is when you receive it. I can investigate this for you now and hopefully, resolve this for you.

Thanks so much for your patience here, I know this is a frustrating issue.

Speak soon!

Ava

Social Care Guru | support@shopify.com

Ava | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0
I have the same issue.
I have created a blog post and save as hidden. After that, when I changed it from hidden to visible and click the save button. The post still can not been seen in the blog and the top section of the blog post still shows hidden. So how can I solve this problem?
0 Likes