Bookmark name appearing twice

Solved
Liftinspirit
4 0 0

Hi all,

When I set up my shop it was called Liftin' Spirit Records. I then changed it and removed the '. So now it is Liftin Spirit Records.

When you add the shop as a bookmark it gets indexed with the title -  Liftin' Spirit Records – Liftin Spirit Records

So showing my old name first and thgen my new name??

Why is this and can it be fixed?

Thanks

0 Likes
Ava
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
808 41 130

This is an accepted solution.

Hey there, @Liftinspirit!

Ava here from Shopify.

The title of the store that shows up in the tab of your browser would be controlled by the information added in the admin under Online Store > Preferences > Homepage title. The Homepage title is what will show on a Google Search of your store, the same for when the store is bookmarked! This is also true for the section underneath that, the Homepage meta description. Adding keywords there will help improve your SEO rankings. Could you have a look and see if the apostrophe is still added there? 

Let me know how you get on!

Ava

Ava | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

Liftinspirit
4 0 0

Thank you Ava, that fixed it.

0 Likes
Dotflakes
Excursionist
22 0 9

Hello Ava,

My Store name Dotflakes. In Preference section page title is "Dotflakes: Easy Shopping for Busy Life!". It appears in Google search correctly on desktop but on mobile ( both Android and ios) appears as " Dotflakes: Dotflakes ". 

I tried several times to index the site on Google search console sitemap.xml,  but no luck. Can you please advise me if there is any way to fix it? Your suggestions would be greatly appreciated. 

Moni

0 Likes