Bottle Deposits & Environmental Fees

AYoung
1 0 0

Hello,

I was wondering if anyone could help me with adding bottle deposits and environmental fees to some of the products I carry in my store. I'm located in Canada British Columbia and on every can of soda there is 5 cent fee (deposit). Also bottles of mineral water will have a 10 cent fee. We do not give back this deposit. The customer takes this to a recycling centre and gets their 5 or 10 cents back. 

Does anyone know of how I can accomplish this? Or perhaps there is an app. 

Thanks for your time, 

Art

0 Likes
Arhi
1 0 1

Same problem here. It would be great to here to solve this.

Thanks!

John__S
Excursionist
78 0 5

Hi Art and Arhi,

I'm John from Data Export.

Many customers use Data Export to add deposit fee to the products. When they run the monthly sales report, the deposit fees are shown as a separate item.

After you install Data Export, please let us the deposit for each product. Our support team will create the report and save it to your Data Export account.

For more questions, you can contact me at john@dayspringlabs.com

Thanks!!

Data Export is rated by Shopify Sellers as the best and cost-effective reporting application on Shopify.
0 Likes
kturtle
1 0 0

Hello,

I was wondering if you were successful in finding someone to help you resolve this issue? I have the same problem and would love for you to share with me how to resolve it. 

Thanks,

Kara

0 Likes
MariaMella
2 0 0

Hello ! 

Same here. 
I am looking for information to handle a deposit program for our bottles. We sell cleaning products and cosmetic in bulk using a deposit glass bottle program : https://thenakedshop.fr/collections/vrac .
When we deliver the orders, our clients can give back the delivery person the empty bottles and then we refund. However we are refunding products from the order because I haven't found another solution. Have you found any information or app on how to do this ? 
Thank you, 
Maria. 

0 Likes
CornerstoneYoga
1 0 1

We are looking at the same problem! If the Deposit and Recycling fees were taxable, we could just add it to the overall price. But we cant.

I wish someone from Shopify would chime in, or maybe add in the ability to add specific fees to items, and set them as taxable/non-taxable.

If anyone finds a solution, please post! 

sasquatchstudio
Shopify Expert
28 0 1

@CornerstoneYoga @AYoung @MariaMella @kturtle @Arhi 

Hi all,

We recently launched an app to collect deposits for bottles and recycling items etc. Our app prevents users from removing their items as well. Have a look and let me know what you think!

https://apps.shopify.com/canteen

Shoot me an email if you have any questions - support@sasquatchstudio.co

Cheers!

0 Likes