Bought new domian through shopify to redirect

4 0 0

Hi all,

I am hoping someone can help me out.  I bought a domain through shopify to redirect to my other primary shopify domain.  I can not seem to add the shopify domain that I bought or redirect it.  I've followed the directions within the "navigation" with no success.  Any ideas/advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

Regards,

Allan

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
137 12 19

Hey, @fitsupply!

This is Finley from the Social Care team at Shopify again here.

I came across this question and wanted to address this for you as well.

To clarify, did you purchase the domain from the Shopify account that you're working on at the moment?

If you purchased the domain from a separate Shopify account, you should transfer your Shopify domain to your current Shopify store first.

If that's already complete, then you can Redirect your domain by going to the Online Store > Domains section of your Shopify Account:

20-12-7eadi-lefqg.

As you can see above, you'll be able to Enable redirection so that traffic from your domains redirect to your Primary domain.

It may not appear like how it is in my screenshot if you're on the Shopify plan or higher. Instead, from this same section, you'll want to:

1) Click Manage next to the Shopify domain that you'd like to redirect.
2) Click Redirect to Primary domain.

Once you save your changes, when you type in your secondary domain, it should redirect to your primary domain.

I do hope that answered your question! However, feel free to reach out if I can clarify further.

Another handy tip for Shopify domains is to ensure you have the auto-renew option selected so that you don't need to worry about your domain expiring. It will automatically be renewed by our system each year.

All the best, Allan!

Finley | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
4 0 0

Hi again Finley!

I'm sure I bought it under my main fisupply theme as the domain purchase confirmation was sent to my fitsupply email.  When trying to add it it says the domain is currently managed by a different shop.

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
137 12 19

Thanks, Allan!

In this case, I'll need to take a look into your Shopify account and the domain to confirm what the situation is there.

I've sent an email to your Shopify Community email address. Please reply with your .myshopify.com URL and your custom domain name.

Once I have those details, I'll have a look to see how we can get your domain connected to your account since it sounds like that might be the current issue.

Once that's complete, you'll be able to take the steps I originally mentioned above to enabled redirection to your primary domain.

Talk soon!

Finley | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes