Brooklyn theme / How to disable pause on slideshow when place mouse over the slide?

Highlighted
3 0 0

Hello everyone :')

I have an issue with slideshow on Brooklyn theme when mouse place over the slide for the first time then slide is paused. So you will need to scroll down the web page a bit then slide is played again.

My question is how to let the slideshow continuously play and totally ignore the mouse position.

Any help would be highly appreciated.

Cheer!!

bpond

P.S. Thanks to Mark and Alex135 on this post as well. https://community.shopify.com/c/Shopify-Discussion/Brooklyn-gt-Hero-Slider-gt-Kill-MouseOver-Pause/t...

I did place the code below on line 1,804 in default setting / theme.js.liquid file

// Default settings 
pauseOnHover
: false,

It seem to give me a solution on what I want. Accept you will need to scroll down the page then slide will start play again. However, if you place mouse over the page for the first time without scroll down the page, the slideshow is paused forever.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1422 140 393

Hey there, @bpond 

Bo here from Shopify Support! 

That is a wonderful question. I took this to our themes department to take a look at and they were not able to do so in their test stores. They would like to take a more in-depth look at your theme to get a fix in place for you. I am going to reach out to you via email to authenticate you as the owner of the store, once you respond to my email I will be able to escalate this to our themes team. 

Looking forward to working with you,

Bo

Bo - Social Care @ Shopify

Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
3 0 0

Hi Bo,

Thank you for your reply.

I have responded via email as you requesting and please kindly have them a look.

Looking forward to hearing a good news from you as well :')

Cheer!!

bpond

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1422 140 393

Thank you for that, @bpond ! Could you please confirm the myshopify.com address of your store? 

All the Best,

Bo

Bo - Social Care @ Shopify

Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
3 0 0
Hi Bo,

Thanks again for your reply.

The store address is “kemikashop.myshopify.com”.

Cheer!!
bpond
0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 0

Hi im having the same issue! Also I have another slideshow section further down on the homepage and the hero slideshow keeps jumping down the page to it when I preview.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
3 0 1

Same Issue - any resolution?