Brooklyn theme - Product image zoom on mobile not working

Tourist
12 0 1

Has anyone managed to find a solution for this, please? I'm aware of a solution offered by someone called June - it didn't work for me, unfortunately.

Image zoom works fine on desktop but doesn't appear at all on mobile.

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
822 42 133

Hi, @TheNorthCurve.

Tira here, from Shopify Support.

Thanks for your question. I appreciate that you've looked into this. Would you be able to share a link to the thread that you found this solution in, so that the community could take a look? 

This is expected behaviour on some themes like Brooklyn. I recommend using a different theme to enable the image zoom feature on mobile. Here are some themes that you might find helpful:

Debut (Free)

Providence (Paid)

Icon (Paid)

The paid themes are created by third-party developers. For any questions, please reach out to the third-party developer directly by clicking on the "Support" link on the theme's page. You can also check out our help doc on where to get support for your theme, here

Another option is to hire a Shopify Expert. Shopify Experts specialize in making customizations on your store. Check out a list of our Shopify Experts here: Shopify Experts Marketplace.

Let me know if this helps!

Tira | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Tourist
24 0 1

Hi @TheNorthCurve - We're you able to find a solution to this? I am curious as well

Tira - appreciate the tip, but Its not helpful when suggests changing our theme completely over one little thing such of this. Many have spend months building their websites and can't just start all over because of this

0 Likes
Tourist
12 0 1

Never resolved it, sadly. Using a 3rd party app now.

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
822 42 133

Hi, @Zag4242.

Thanks for joining the thread and I appreciate your feedback. I understand that it's challenging to switch over to a new theme, especially if you've already done a lot of work customizing your theme and I'm here to help.

While Brooklyn doesn't have the product image zoom on mobile, I can definitely forward your feedback to integrate this feature into Brooklyn and I can submit a suggestion of making it easier to import theme options into other themes, so that you don't need to start building your theme from scratch. Would that be helpful?

If that is, please reply to this thread with your myshopify.com URL (You can find this by logging into your Shopify admin, and then copying the myshopify.com URL from your browser's address bar, and pasting it into a reply here in this thread. For example: yourstorename.myshopify.com.) and I can forward your feedback to our developers so that they are aware of how we can improve your experience on Shopify, so that you can move forward with your business. 

@TheNorthCurve thank you for the update. Which third party app did you decide to use? Would you be able to share that with the community? 

0 Likes
Tourist
24 0 1

Yes would would be appreciated. Which 3rd party solution would you recommend I use in the meantime? 

0 Likes
Tourist
12 0 1

I use 'Full Page Zoom'. 

0 Likes
Tourist
24 0 1

Just tried it, it still doesn't allow pinch to zoom. Only can tap for a full page zoom.. not how ppl shop. 

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
822 42 133

Thanks for replying with the app that you used, @TheNorthCurve. For anyone in the community who is curious, here is the link for the app in our Shopify App Store: Full Page Zoom by Code Black Belt. The Shopify App Store has apps that you can use to enhance your store with features to help you succeed. 

Thanks for letting me and the community know what you've tried, @Zag4242. I did some digging and you can also check out some other apps like Magic Zoom Plus by Magic Toolbox (which has a pinch-to-zoom feature for mobile) or Cool Image Magnifier • Zoom by Code Black Belt which adds extra zoom to your product photos if you don’t have high resolution images for your product.

If you want to take a look at other options, here are similar apps that you can browse when you desire: Product Zoom Apps.  

For any questions or comments on these apps, you can reach out to the third-party developer as they have more knowledge in using the app. Their contact information is located under the "Support" tab, along with any documentation for the app.

I’ve gone ahead and passed your feedback to our developers. If we move forward with this, we will list it in our changelog or announcements page

Cheers,

0 Likes