Building an ecommerce marketplace on Shopify ( multiple products - multiple vendors )

Highlighted
Tourist
16 0 1

I need an ecommerce platform that list products and vendors and connect each product with all vendors selling it and linking each vendor with all products he sells .. so the customer can filter the product per vendor or vendor per product

the question here .. can the customer select first the product then select the vendor .. two ways

one way : select the vendor then the products

other way : select the product then the vendor

this is the core function for the ecommerce platform i'm willing to build .. it's essential for me and very important

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
663 53 119

Hey, there!  

I’m glad you’ve reached out to Shopify. My name is Karlie and I’m here to lend a helping hand. I think your best bet here would be to use an app that would allow you to run your shop more like a marketplace. If you're looking for an app that would allow you to set up vendors with the ability to adjust their own products, collect commission and have their own vendor collection page, then you may be interested in the Multi Vendor Marketplace app. 

There are quite a few apps that would allow your customers to simply filter through different collection lists by vendor. If you're interested in that type of functionality, then I would recommend looking into:

If you're wondering about how to add vendors to your products, then I would be happy to explain. When you're creating your product from your Shopify Admin, you would have the ability to enter the vendor in the right side under 'Organization' and then 'Vendor'. Be sure to check out our handy guide on how to add products to your Shopify admin here

If you're needing some assistance finding out what type of product to sell and how to find specific vendors to provide you with products, then be sure to let me know here and I would be happy to help guide you in the right direction!

Have a great day! 

If you need help again in the future, don't hesitate to [call, email or open up a chat](https://support.shopify.com/).

*Karlie* | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
16 0 1

Hi Karlie ,

Thanks for your kind response .. i have reviewed the options you gave .. some seem they solve the issue but not 100% .. the question here again .. can i use the mutiple functions togethr to make sure all issues where addressed .. the multivendor marketplace is exactly what i'm looking for .. i have reviewed also a product from Webkul .. again the issue is clear list of products assigned to a list of vendors where each product is sold by different vendors and each vendor sells a list of products .. products are common with vendors and vice versa .. surely when talk about vendor we have to consider the location

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
663 53 119

Hello again!

Karlie here. The Multi-Vendor marketplace app would allow you to show vendor collections or seller profiles on your website - but you may need to customize your shop more to get the exact functionality you're wanting. If you check out the example store from the Multi Vendor Marketplace app page - you can see that they way they have their vendors set up is by collection or by seller profile. I would recommend reaching out to the app developers directly to inquire about the type of customization that this app allows. You can reach the app developers by checking out the 'Support' section of the app page.

If you wanted to use a marketplace-type app but also have your vendor list searchable on your storefront - then I would suggest using an app to allow for that filtering functionality. You shouldn't have any issues using an app that would allow your customers to filter through your product. I would recommend checking out the apps that I had linked above. If you wanted to add this feature in manually, you can do so by following our help guide. However, I realize that this isn't exactly what you're looking for.

In this situation I would probably recommend reaching out to a Shopify Expert. While there are ways to set your products by location, like in this guide, there currently isn't a way for customers to filter through products by locations and then vendors. Shopify Experts are designers, developers, marketers and photographers that you can hire to help you with your store. 

Karlie
Shopify Guru
support@shopify.com

Highlighted
1 0 0

Hey Karlie,

I have a similar problem as the other guy. Basically I am building a Florist marketplace where florists can come in and become a seller. Then they can upload the pictures of their flowers and the associated prices and sell it to other people. Can you suggest some apps for that ? 

Also, I want a zipcode/postal code functionality so that when customers open the website, they can enter zipcode and see the florists near them. Could you please suggest an app for that too.

And finally can I have 2 separate apps running on my one shopify store ? 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
663 53 119

Hello, @Nostradamus!

Karlie here again! That sounds like a really cool website idea! I would suggest looking into the app; Multi Vendor Marketplace as well - it seems like that app would be a good fit for your business plan as well. 

As for your postal code/zip code function request, what you could do is look into a store locator app. This would allow your customers to view florists available to their location by the use of a map. There are quite a few apps that could provide your store with that type of functionality. I would recommend looking into some of the apps featured, here

You can have multiple apps running on the same Shopify store. You would just want to keep an eye out for apps that might clash in functionality. 

Let me know if this helps or if you have any further questions! 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Excursionist
12 1 0

By using an eCommerce marketplace app, you can convert your website into a complete online marketplace store like Amazon, eBay, Etsy, Alibaba, Aliexpress, etc. but to make your website more beautiful, you have to use a Shopify Marketplace Theme. I recommend using GemMart - a responsive, powerful, and modern multipurpose Shopify theme which is specially designed for multi-vendor marketplace

0 Likes