Bulk Edit Discount

Highlighted
Shopify Partner
8 0 0

Is there anyway to quickly edit the percentage for all Discounts within a single store? My client needs to change ~500 for the holiday time.

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
299 23 41

Hi, @Louis_Walch.

Tira here, from Shopify Support.

This is a great question. Currently there is no way to edit discounts in bulk in the Shopify admin.  You can use apps from our App Store to create discounts in bulk and import them into your store.

Here are my recommendations:

Bulk Discount Code Generator

Simple Discount Code Generator

If you have any questions about the apps above, you can reach out to the third-party app developer directly for assistance by using the information listed underneath the "Support" section of each app's page. 

I understand how this feature would be beneficial to your store, I'm happy to send this up to our team as feedback so that our developers are aware on how we can improve our Discounts section for you and all of our merchants. If we move forward with this feature, we will announce it in our changelog or announcements page. If you have any other feedback, please reply to this thread with your comments and I would be delighted to send your suggestions up to our team. 

I am also curious to see what the community has to suggest!

Tira | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Shopify Partner
8 0 0

Thanks for the reply. Are you aware of any apps which allow you to edit discounts? The one linked above are just for generation, I need to alter codes that already exist.

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
299 23 41

Hi again @Louis_Walch!

There aren't any apps on our App Store that would have the ability to edit discounts in bulk. I understand how this isn't ideal, so I have sent up your feedback to our developer team so that they are aware this is something we need to improve on our platform and would like to follow-up here with some workarounds.

To edit current discount percentages, you would need to edit each discount code manually. Here is our help doc that outlines these steps: Edit a discount. Another workaround would be to use the apps I listed above to recreate the discount codes with the same names with the desired percentages that you require, and delete the discount codes that you have in the admin. You can then replace these with the new codes that you've created with one of the apps.

Let me know if that helps! 

Tira | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes