Bulk Product Import - Certain Items Only

Highlighted
2 0 0

Hi All, 

I have a product data sheet from a supplier and Only want to import certain items from this into Shopify.

Everything is in the correct format and I'l ready to go, I'm just wondering if, rather than move the items I want to import onto a separate CSV and then import that, is there a way I can flag only certain lines to import? Or is it more of an "all or nothing" situation?

Also once the import is done, I would like to place a price file on Google Drive (or similar) and have Shopify monitor that file to update prices, but again the file willl include items that haven't been imported, is there a way we can ignore lines that haven't been imported?

Thanks

Sam

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
17 0 0

Are you uploading these products via CSV? Double checked and looks like there is no column which you could use to tell Shopify to skip uploading a particular row.. so it looks like you will need to only include rows of products which you want to import.

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 0

Yes as a CSV, that's a shame!

0 Likes
Highlighted
Anonymous
Not applicable
1429 0 0

I hear you

Uploading using CSV is not that best option unfortunately

The best and reliable method is to use API .

I think understand your requirement as you want to update the prices on realtime that can only be done via api

I can help if you reply

0 Likes