Bulk Upload Product Data

Highlighted
3 0 0

Hi,

I have around 9000 products with 150 categories and 12000 images. What is the easiest and quickest way to bulk upload this data?

Is there a third party app that does this easily?

Any help on this would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Cletus

0 Likes
Highlighted

Hi @Cletus 

Where do you keep the product data now? Are the images available online?

One way to upload products is through a CSV file, however, you need to prepare the data in a format acceptable by Shopify.

You can find more about it here: https://help.shopify.com/en/manual/products/import-export/import-products

As for categories, you'd need to import them as tags, and then create collections based on product tags.

Thanks,
Lukasz

I'm a software engineer. I make things happen automatically.
0 Likes
Highlighted
3 0 0

Hi @LukaszWiktor 

I have the data in Shopify template. The images are on Dropbox as well as on my local machine. All items in the file have category tags on them. However, creating around 150 categories manually isn't something I was looking forward to. Surely, there might be an easier way to import categories to Shopify?!

Thanks,

Cletus

0 Likes
Highlighted

There is an app Collection Import/Export that looks like it could do the job of importing collections. If it doesn't work as expected, then I can help with automating the import of categories through a custom script.

I'm a software engineer. I make things happen automatically.
0 Likes
Highlighted
3 0 0

Thank you @LukaszWiktor . I'll try this out.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Trailblazer
253 10 31

Hi @Cletus

We have a detailed guide on uploading products using CSV files on Shopify. A CSV file can make things easier with faster-importing speed CSV files, also less memory being consumed with many more benefits. Kindly take a look at our guide, hope it helps!

I'm Jason Dao, Manager of Research & Development Department at Avada Ecommerce.