Bulk product upload problems - Multiple images, SEO, collection link

Gatorguy
1 0 0

Hello Shopify-ers,

Having trouble using Shopify's bulk product import from CSV. While it says that the import is a success, when I go to search for the products, I notice a few major errors:

1 - it doesn't upload products that have multiple images. Not even the first one

2 - it doesn't import the SEO title or meta description, but auto-fills it from the body & product title

3 - It doesn't link the product to the collection.

Any advice would be appreciated! No error messages ever flag this; I have to check manually on the product page. Following Shopify's CSV fields article to the T. Please help!

0 Likes
Tira
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
876 47 140

Hi, @Gatorguy.

Tira here, from Shopify Support. 

I appreciate that you have done some troubleshooting. Thank you @gdh12 for your suggestion.

I wanted to shed some light and ask a few questions to help. When products are imported through the CSV file, the fields need to be filled out as outlined in our help doc, here: Product CSV file format. Please confirm your CSV file aligns with these fields. 

What information did you put under the "SEO Title" and "SEO Description" columns? Here's a screenshot from our help doc that explains what needs to be included:

20-08-fb00l-jize6

Where are your images uploaded? Are the images public and accessible when added to other sites? If the images aren't accessible publicly, then images won't pull through from the CSV file and show up on your product page. Check out our help doc for our guidelines on adding multiple images to your products through CSV

Are you using an automated or manual collection for these products? If you would like to sort your products by collections, you will need to add a column called, "Collections" in your CSV file sheet, and type in the name of your collection as it appears under your "Collections" page in your Shopify admin. Here's a screenshot from our Product CSV file format help doc:

20-08-j9jqy-j8v6g

Let me know if this helps!

Tira | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes