Bulk replacing multiple product images

Highlighted
Shopify Partner
2 0 1

Hi - I need to replace all of my product images due them needing to be re-formatted. All file names have been kept the same as previously - is there a way that I can run a bulk upload to replace all previous images with the new files, or do I need to go through each product individually replacing one-by-one?

Many thanks in advance for any advice/assistance!

Highlighted
Shopify Partner
2 0 1

Bump - anyone any ideas?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
4 0 5

I had to do the same thing a while back and I did the following:

I exported my items (probably exported all of them) to an excel spreadsheet, after that I deleted the items that I planned to replace images.

After deleting the items, I modified the excel spreadsheet to only include the items that I was replacing images, pointed the file URL to the new image and imported the items.

This only works if you have the files hosted somewhere ahead of time. It's clunky, but it DID save quite a bit of time for the hundreds of items that I was replacing.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Excursionist
19 0 3

I wrote a feature request asking for an easier way to replace images in Shopify. Please go vote it up if you're still having this problem

https://community.shopify.com/c/Technical-Q-A/Feature-request-Overwrite-existing-images-and-files-wi...

0 Likes