Bulk updates via api

Highlighted
2 0 0

I am evaluating Shopify for our business.  We have an existing web store on proprietary software that we'd like to retire.  As I've dug into the documentation and forums it appears shopify is lacking any sort of bulk update API.  We want a platform that can be updated for 10s of thousands of products in a timely manner.  Marketplaces like amazon all have api's that allow catalog updates in bulk. I would expect that a mature platform like shopify would be similar.  Based on my research so far, it seems Shopify is lacking in this feature and so I believe we will have to look elsewhere for a solution for our business.

Workflow:    Our backend database manages our products/pricing/inventory/orders.  Our backend system will update our catalog on the various marketplaces like Amazon, and should also be able to do so for the webstore front via bulk api, or possibly FTP csv uploads.  We would like to keep the store catalog up to date via hourly (delta) updates but it could be 10s or 100s of thousands of records.

I don't believe Shopify can support any mass updates besides the inventory update that requires a query first. We'd be required to update all product information, as well as pricing/shipping/inventory via automation many times a day for all products.

0 Likes
2 0 0

bump

0 Likes