Buy Button Auto Currency Conversion

radicalrooster
Excursionist
18 0 6

Hi all,

So we've built a Webflow website and we're now at the stage of adding Shopify buy buttons.

I've been able to tweak the code to pull through the price as well as the button, meaning we can control all the prices within Shopify and not have to update individually on Webflow.

My question:

We have multiple currencies set on Shopify.

How can I set the code to convert the currency pulled through depending on the user's location?

E.g. Our products are in £'s as standard, but someone viewing from the US I need them to see the $ conversion.

This is the only thing stopping us from going live, so any help will be greatly appreciated!

Replies 16 (16)

Qualitycheck
Shopify Expert
1449 114 233
radicalrooster
Excursionist
18 0 6

Thanks for your reply.

We already have a currency switcher installed, but the converted currency doesn't come through with the buy now button.

Is this something I am doing or a limitation with the installed app?

Qualitycheck
Shopify Expert
1449 114 233

https://apps.shopify.com/multi-currency

https://www.boldcashers.com/

try this 

i hope this app solve a problem

radicalrooster
Excursionist
18 0 6

This looks like it has done it for our Shopify site, thank you!

Now... how do I pull this through onto our Webflow site where the buy now button will be placed?

I've tweaked the code and changed the 'price' to 'true' so I can see the price and the button, but it's not converting the price on our Webflow site?

LayzR
Tourist
4 0 4

I'm going around in circles with the same problem! It's somewhoat hard to tell if you got total success with this though?

i.e. Installing an app that allows you to manage currencies on the shopify page in one thing, but getting that functionality to apply to my website and its buy  buttons is something else.. 

Ideally, it would be good to paste the html code into my website, including options to change currency and language.

Does anyone have a solution for this? It seems like this would be useful in general for many people.

radicalrooster
Excursionist
18 0 6

Unfortunately we never were able to solve this, so we too are still looking for a solution.

Currency conversion within Shopify works great, but we're only using Shopify as the 'backend' where all the transactions happen. The frontend we're using Webflow and the combination works and looks great.

It's just the currency conversion we can't get to work. The conversion doesn't pull through so looks like we have to convert on-site, but then there's the risk of the conversion not matching Shopify's...

LPD
Tourist
10 0 3

Hi,

Any update on this? Also looking to use the buy button with multiple currencies.

Thanks!

LayzR
Tourist
4 0 4
Ultimately i couldn't find the answer that i was looking for. But I did
conceive of a force fix, that i may reluctantly / temporarily attempt...

Expensive Force fix:
Paying for several shopify lite accounts each with different currencies.
Obviously, there would be a $9 a month cost per currency extra and besides
that, extra admin.

The one major advantage of this method is that it makes it easy to set
prices independently for different currencies to better fit the market
conditions,
(i.e. it allows you to make the prices strategic and the numbers tidy (vs a
price that fluctuates with the exchange rate).
So in the meantime, and for some situations at least, this approach could
be worthwhile until a better solution presents itself.

LPD
Tourist
10 0 3

Hi LazyR!

Thank you for the reply.

You're absolutely right! It seems like it would be the only neat solution to have one shopify lite account for each currency.

Another way for shopify to provide restrict product features and make more money.

Thanks!

fernando28
Tourist
9 0 3

Hey there @LayzR! How are you today?

I know this thread has been sitting here for a while, but I just stumbled upon it now.

If it's still relevant to share my opinion, I believe for your next projects the best solution would be to convert the Webflow project into a Shopify theme, that way you'd have the best of both worlds: the amazing front end control provided by Webflow and Shopify's backend + apps working perfectly.

I've been using that workflow throughout this year and it's been pretty sweet.

Let me know if you'd like to know more and I'd be happy to help : )

Cheers!

Fernando | Webflow -> Shopify Designer & Developer
Please leave me a like if my response has been helpful : )
Feel free to contact me for any questions and projects at fbesc28@gmail.com
Shaun6561
Shopify Partner
5 0 0

Hello @LayzR 

Can you give a few more details about how you set this up, I have the same issue and I need a workaround even if it costs. How do you integrate all the lite account to pull from the same product pool and how do you implement this solution into Webflow?

ANY HELP would be amazing. 

Thanks, 

Shaun.

LayzR
Tourist
4 0 4
Hi Shaun,

I never actually implemented it, just figured it would be possible as a
'force fix'. iw as thinking of having a US and Euro account, and
duplicating the content in each, then putting the buy buttons on different
pages,
It would be two separate accounts, w separate inventories. So the products
wouldn't pull from the same pool, but for me that wouldn't be a problem,
but for others it might be.

Miji
Visitor
2 0 0

Hi, were you able to find a way? im facing the exact same issue on my convertri account, i cant launch because of this problem, if you've found a way please let me know, it would be of great help! thank you

lorenzo6
Tourist
10 0 1

use auto currency switcher 

Miji
Visitor
2 0 0

But none of shopify currency convertors work outside shopify, my shopify button is outside shopify

illusiontorn
Visitor
2 0 0

did you find a solution? I was hoping it would just be an additional line of code to embed the currency converter but no avail.

I'm using Geolocation for the shopfiy site but when I use the buy now button on squarespace I can only advertise in the default currency of EUR but I'd like to display in AUD. 

I was planning on incorporating a Geo location type app on the squarespace site but I'm not sure if that would make a difference to the buy now link. Anyone have any suggestions?