Buy Button Problem

Highlighted
Tourist
8 0 1

I'm currently using Minimal as my theme. I added an app called "Order Limits ‑ MinMaxify" and it seems to interfere with my Buy Button that isn't appearing when the app is on. Because I tried to uninstall the app and everything went fine with the BUY BUTTON then installing it again, the problem appeared. What can I do to avoid such problems?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
678 50 152

Hey, @winterisme16!

Julie here from Shopify Support. Thanks for reaching out!

The reason why your Buy Button is interfering with the Order Limits ‑ MinMaxify app is because Buy Buttons aren't compatible with apps from the Shopify App Store. To use this app, you'll just need to remove the Buy Button sales channel and any embed code that you may have added to your theme; if you have added any code, you can easily remove it by rolling back to an older version of your theme

Given that you mentioned you're using the Minimal theme, it sounds like you're using Shopify to manage your online store. To clarify, the Buy Button is designed for merchants who have external websites hosted outside of Shopify and wish to embed their products on non-Shopify websites and blogs. In your case, using the Buy Button sales channel isn't necessary since all Shopify themes already have built-in product pages with "Add to cart" buttons. You can learn more about the Buy Button and its intended uses here.

Removing the Buy Button should allow you to proceed with setting up the Order Limits app and there should also be setup instructions that you can access directly within the app. If you are needing help with the installation process, then my suggestion would be to reach out to the app developers directly for assistance. They'll be able to lend a hand!

Is there a reason why you are using the Buy Button?

Julie | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Click Accept as Solution 

0 Likes