Buy Button Quantity Box

Highlighted
2 0 0

Hello,

I am a new Shopifier with an existing website. I am adding Shopify for a secondary sales channel AND the ability to use the BUY button with my previously existing website.

My question is about the Buy Button. I am using the BOLD App - Quantity Breaks and Tiered Pricing. With the Buy Button, I am allowed to choose either one the price tiers or a drop down menu of all of them to show up with the button. My problem is that I want the customer to have a blank box that they can enter ANY quantity into and allow the App to do the price calculations for the Cart. It seems like that would be an option. I realize that the customer can further edit the quantity on the next page, but prefer to make it as SIMPLE as I can for the customer. I do not see where the files are for the Buy Button so that I might be able to customize.

Any help or hints are appreciated.

Thank you! 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
500 1 52

Hi Mark,

The Buy Button API is not accessible to apps or to coders right now, so sadly it isn't possible for you to edit the way it works other than the features available in the admin!

The kinds of apps that will work on a Buy button store are those that function externally to the Buy button, for example the Shopify Order-Printer app or Inventory apps.

Our Buy button team will make an announcement when the API is available, and you can sign up for that here- https://www.shopify.com/blog/topics/announcements

Thanks!

Anne :)

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 0

Thank you, Anne. I might just use a graphic button to lead to the Shopify store.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Excursionist
17 0 4

@Anne_M wrote:

The Buy Button API is not accessible to apps or to coders right now, so sadly it isn't possible for you to edit the way it works other than the features available in the admin!

It's 2019, is this still the case?

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 1

It is 2020 ... Same question here.

1 Like