Buy X Get Y discount not shown in cart

Highlighted
1 0 0

Hi, 

I encounter a problem in which my buy X get Y discount does not show in the cart during checkout. 

buy x get y.PNG

buy x get y cart.PNG

i have checked the conditions are met but it is not there. 

thank you 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
501 53 101

Hi @LikSing38,

Hyde here from Shopify. Great question!

It looks like you're trying to create an automatic discount where if customers spend over a minimum amount they get a free gift. We have a guide on that but here is how you set the conditions:

20-09-fxnms-rdbg7

You've clearly set a minimum amount in your own discount for RM 68, which is great! You've also stipulated that a customer needs to buy a product from either the homepage collection or the virtual roadshow collection:

20-09-ldz5n-blrmf

What's a little confusing is why you've created a product that is titled "Free gifts with purchase above RM 150", but you've set the minimum amount to be RM68?

20-09-634k6-6ewgw

You've also said that if a customer also adds a product from a particular collection to your cart, they will get it for free:

20-09-f36sf-3dnbc

It looks like you have tested this out by only taking one product through to checkout:

20-09-ssf0a-tofkb

The important thing to remember is that this free product will not be automatically added to the cart. The customer needs to manually add this product to their cart and it will only then be marked as free. So try adding the product and one of the qualifying discounted products to the cart and see if the discount is automatically applied.

I hope this helps, let me know if you have any further questions!

All the best, Hyde.

Hyde | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes