Buy X Get Y

2 0 0

Hello

I have an automatic discount set up for Buy X Get Y at 12% Off, but it is only reducing the price of only one item listed in the cart when I have a few products chosen. Yes I know of apps like Selly etc but this feature comes as standard on other platforms, so why not here? 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
363 40 39

Hello, @DinoT1985.

Elias here with Shopify Support. Thank you for reaching out.

I understand you’re setting up a ‘Buy X Get Y’ discount, but it’s only discounting one item from the cart. Were you looking to apply the discount to all eligible products in the entire cart?

If so, you can do this without a third-party app, by creating an automatic discount and using the percentage discount type. This will still allow you to specify which products can qualify for the discount and apply the discount to all the eligible items in the cart. It’s important to note that only one automatic discount can be active at a time. Here’s an example of the automatic percentage discount from my test store:

20-21-rgux2-yne7k

Let me know if this is what you’re looking for? If you have any other questions on discounts, don’t hesitate to let me know in this thread!

Elias | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 0
Hi Elias

Unfortunately that only allows me to choose a min. spend as the activation.
I want a specific product, thus why it needs to be a Buy X Get Y.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
363 40 39

Hey, @DinoT1985.

Thank you for following up. I understand you want to use Buy X Get Y. However, that will only apply the discount on Y. With an automatic percentage discount, you can set the quantity to 2 or more, and the discount can apply to the specified products in a large cart. Is the minimum quantity condition not a workable solution for your discount? 

Elias | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes