Buy X get Y product for FREE not working

work
6 0 0

I want customers to get a product free item when purchase another item

So I have added the autodiscount, But it doesn't work 

Hopefully someone will be able to help me! Thanks!

Replies 8 (8)
work
6 0 0

Thanks Wilson,

There is no way to do it without app, I think Shopify provide "buy X get Y" originally

work
6 0 0

Hi, thanks for your response
Could you guide me how to use this app?

work
6 0 0

Hi

Can i have a question more?
When I set multiple discount(both of them one is automatic discount, another one is manual discount), only worked the automatic discount

I want to apply these 2 discount to specified product. Is this possible for us?

Regards

Edward-Newgate
Shopify Partner
570 22 61

Hi @work 

There is an option Free at At A DISCOUNTED VALUE section. You pick it, then your customers will get a product free item when purchase another item.

For a detailed guide, you can click here.

Hope it helps!

Was my reply helpful? Click Like or Mark it as an Accepted Solution to let me know!
work
6 0 0

Thanks Edward,

I had already tried like this, but  I didn't get product Y when purchase product X

work_0-1618217496083.png

work_1-1618217535162.png

I set like this. Could you have a look what was wrong?

Many thanks.

work
6 0 0

Hi Edward, thanks for your reply
There is no more solution now to do it?

torch35
Visitor
3 0 0

yes you can do it in some ways but not 100 percent you will achieve that you are wondering if you do not understand what I am saying to you then see here the complete details about its.

Lilith
Shopify Staff
603 73 185

Hi, @work!

My name is Lilith, I'm on the Social Care team at Shopify.

I can help you in general terms here as there could be many different reasons this might not be working.

We do have a great step-by-step guide that can help you set that up the way you'd like.

That said, in your screenshot of the discounts set up, there is a variant that was not selected in the nail file product. Was that intentional?

If the customer adds any one of the items in the "Customer Buys" section and doesn't add the product from the "Customer Gets" section they won't see the discount at the checkout stage. Both items need to be in the cart for the discount to automatically work.

Another common scenario is that customers will not see the discounts on the cart page (this depends on the theme of course), so they must click the checkout button to see the discounts take effect.

I'd be happy to test out the discount on the site and see what might be happening if you'd like. I would need your store site URL to view your website.

As for your second question further down the thread, at this time customers can't double up on discount codes. However, with the type of product, you're selling there may be an opportunity for you to increase your revenue and average dollar sale by implementing bundling. We have some bundling apps that our amazing partners have built within our app store. I do think that with the type of product you have, your target customer is likely more inclined to buy several products at a time. I'm certain that professional artists and individual use customers will both take advantage of the appealing bundle discount.

Let me know how you do with the information above! I'm happy to answer any questions you think of as you work on your business.

Lilith | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog