Buy it now button not working

Highlighted
1 0 0

Hello my buy now button is not working on the product. is it because SSL is still pending

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
430 44 50

Hey, @stephansuunto24.

Elias here with Shopify Support. Thank you for reaching out!

I understand the 'Buy it now' button is not working on the product and the SSL for your domain is still pending. Just to confirm, does the button work on other products? Or, do you have one product?

With that said, I'd be happy to take a closer look at your accelerated checkout button as well as your domain's SSL - Can I get your store URL (.myshopify.com)? 

Elias | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
4 0 1

Hello. I recently buy a domain and observed that my BUY IT NOW button on the product page stopped working. Can someone please let me know if this is because SSL is still pending for my primary URL. Also, if I try the same thing using store.myshopify.com it works fine. May I know what causes this issue to occur?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
4 0 1

Hi @stephansuunto24 ,

I was facing the same issue. I believe this will be resolved automatically once SSL is completed for your store URL. For me, this issue is resolved after SSL completion. My BUY IT NOW button stopped working suddenly (maybe due to SSL was in the pending state). You can try testing the same BUY IT NOW button on your storeName.myshopify.com, it will work without any issue. Please wait till SSL is completed. If the issue still persists, you need to contact the Shopify expert to resolve this. Hope this helps :) Thanks

1 Like
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
430 44 50

Hey, @moryyaz.

Thank you for joining the thread and following up with this information! You're absolutely correct and I'm glad to hear that you were able to get this issue resolved. Though it's not stated on our help docs, I can confirm that SSL is a requirement for the accelerated checkout or dynamic checkout buttons

If you have any other questions on this topic, please don't hesitate to let me know in the thread!

Elias | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes