CHargeback after closing store

Voteer
1 0 0

I received an order in September of 2020, so I delivered the order and everything appeared okay.

Then in April 2021, I closed the shopify store.

Suddenly on June 18th, 2021, the person who placed the order in Sept. 2020 opened a chargeback.

I know they waited very long, and I can easily win, but my store is closed.

How do I go about this?

Shopify won't let me respond to the chargeback unless I have a shopify plan.

Do I seriously need to purchase a shopify plan again just to respond to the chargeback?

Is there a way I can respond without paying for another shopify plan?

Please let me know.

0 Likes
Sophia
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
864 56 98

Hi, @Voteer.

Sophia here from Shopify. I'm so sorry to hear that you received a chargeback. 

You are correct that your store needs to be on an active plan in order to access the admin and review the chargeback information. You can reopen your store by logging in and selecting a plan. However, Shopify does automatically submit some evidence for the chargeback on your behalf, such as product details, the shipping company used (and tracking information if applicable), the date the order was placed, and the date and time of order fulfillment.

If you don't have additional evidence to submit based on the recommendations outlined in the Chargebacks and inquiries document, you don't necessarily need to log in and submit evidence.

Do you know if the order was received, or have you had any contact with the customer?

Sophia | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes