CNAME entered incorrectly & Current value: Empty

Highlighted
3 0 0

Hello,

I really do not understand what I am doing wrong. I had bought a domain from Shopify directly since January if I'm not mistaken but then I closed that store. I am now recreating the same store since I had lost all my data and products and I checked the email which indicated that my domain is unlocked. I tried connecting it to my current store but to no avail. 

This is what it's showing me:

685bf622-7803-4395-acf6-6e5307c2fbc6.png

Now I don't know what else to do.

Help?

0 Likes
Highlighted
3 0 0

Oops, my new domain is https://miniseyy.myshopify.com/

My old purchased one was www.minisey.com

0 Likes
Highlighted
Community Moderator
Community Moderator
2892 211 471

Hi @Calvin11,

Nick here from Shopify. 

I just want to make sure I understand what you're saying correctly so we're on the same page. You bought a domain from Shopify within the admin in January, since closed that store and are now looking to add that domain to a new store which you have just started an account for? 

From the screenshot, you sent it looks like just the cname aspect could be the issue here. The cname entrant should be shops.myshopify.com and Shopify has a help guide going through all the steps on how to do this which you can see here

Let me know if it is just the cname or if it's more along the lines of what I mentioned first. 

All the best, Nick

Nick | Community Moderator @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
3 0 0

Yes, I had purchased it from Shopify, closed the store, now I'm trying to use that same domain for my new store. And yes, it's only the CNAME that's giving issues. How do I input it properly and where do I even input it? 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Community Moderator
Community Moderator
2892 211 471

Thanks for getting back to me and confirming @Calvin11

I will need to take a closer look into all this if that's ok, it's difficult to figure out and troubleshoot it without seeing the back end of the stores. I have sent you an email directly (to the email address you signed up to the community with) for the next steps. If for any reason you didn't receive it, please let me know in a reply here. 

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

I have the same issue...with our store. I want to connect the subdomain us.aquaplus.co.th but it always triggers an error.

When I try to enter the A Record it says that it's already existing...Any idea on how to sort this out?

Screen Shot 2563-04-11 at 15.54.31.png

0 Likes
Highlighted
Community Moderator
Community Moderator
2892 211 471

Hi @AquaPlus,

I made a post about this which goes through all the steps on what to do next. It goes through what information you need to get and where to go next. 

You can see and read it here

0 Likes