COPY & PASTE DESCRIPTION FROM ONE SITE TO MY SHOPIFY PRODUCT DESCRIPTION

Nickyb
Visitor
3 0 1

To create products and product descriptions I have been copying the Formatted Info from the parent site when creating a new product description for a new product I am creating in shopify.

For months it has worked and the format is Identical to the parent company product including the little Care logos for washing instructions eg... a dryer symbol with an X across it.

For some reason it has stopped working the odd time.  Any reasons why? 

Replies 21 (21)

JHKCreate
Shopify Expert
3571 639 916

Hi There!

Would you mind sharing links and examples so we can evaluate your issue more in depth?

Did we solve your issue? Like & Mark As Solution to help the community
Should you need any direct help: contact@jhkcreate.com

Learn more about us: jhkcreate.com
lawren_Sunderl1
Tourist
8 0 4

Mine is not working either

I made a video.

I have created 2K products the same way - copying descriptions from existing product to create new product - now doesn't work

i made a video.

have tried ALL browswers

Jay111
Excursionist
16 0 7

I'm currently having the same issue.

I'm copying text from a website to paste in my product description, but the paste function isn't working when I try and paste into the product description. It's working on other application on my Mac so I'm thinking it's a Shopify issue.

Was there a solution for this? 

Ambervpw
Visitor
1 0 0

I'm having same issue.... is there a known fix to it? I'm trying to copy from an excel spreadsheet into the description box on shopify store...

Jay111
Excursionist
16 0 7

I havn't found a fix to it yet. Although I'm able to copy from Excel into the description box.

It's letting me paste small chunks of copy, but not letting me past more after about 10 lines of text.

JHKCreate
Shopify Expert
3571 639 916

When copy pasting from Excel make sure to double click on the cell and copy the raw contents instead of the outer cell. Let me know!

Jay111
Excursionist
16 0 7

@JHKCreate and what about the pasting from a website into the product description issue?

JHKCreate
Shopify Expert
3571 639 916

Would you mind sending me the URL and point me to the description you are trying to copy? Let me try it!

Jay111
Excursionist
16 0 7

I'm copying from the "Product Description" tabs on this website https://worldwidehomefurnishingsinc.com/arnav-bianca-7pc-dining-set-walnut-walnut-beige.html

Was working fine for days, now it isn't.

JHKCreate
Shopify Expert
3571 639 916

Ok I have the same issue, seems they're restricting it...No matter you can take it form the HTML code directly but do you have permission to do that? Might be problematic? Let me know!

Jay111
Excursionist
16 0 7

I have permissions to use this information yeah. But it has worked for about 50+ products already?

Nathaly1
Visitor
1 0 0
I think it might be an issue with Shopify because until yesterday it was
working just fine,
Samoldbury
Visitor
1 0 0

I am having the same problem, i'm trying to copy and paste some text and guarantee pictures from one product page and copying it onto every product page, all within my own website. It was working perfectly untill Tuesday 1st Sept!!

Sheikhtanim
Visitor
3 0 0

I am also facing this problem ...

This is really frustrated...

What is solution of it???

CastleRemedies
Visitor
2 0 2

@Sheikhtanim wrote:

I am also facing this problem ...

This is really frustrated...

What is solution of it???

I would suggest contacting Shopify support via phone, email or chat (https://community.shopify.com/c/Shopify-Discussion/How-to-talk-to-someone/td-p/753142)

My issue with Copy+Pasting seemed to magically resolve itself after I contacted support, although I don't remember if they ever told me exactly what the issue was.  I would also recommend restarting your computer, logging out and back into Shopify, all the "turn it off and turn it back on again" sort of steps.  Also, if you're entering a lot of similar products and are using the "Duplicate product" tool instead of creating a fresh product for each one, you may want to back out to the Products listing and use "Add product" button to create a fresh item for your next new product.  I've found that mysterious issues like this one can be transmitted from one product listing to the next if you duplicate... even if you can't find any weirdness in the code.  Hope this helps.

lawren_Sunderl1
Tourist
8 0 4

not working for me either.  thank you for posting.

CastleRemedies
Visitor
2 0 2

This is happening to me, too.  Copy + Paste will work, then it won't, then it'll work, then it won't... rinse and repeat.  I've tried restarting the computer.  Pasting the info into Microsoft Word first, then re-copying it.  Instead of pasting what's on the clipboard, it just deletes a line, or sometimes deletes a bunch of text in the description.  It is frustrating.

lawren_Sunderl1
Tourist
8 0 4

Report it to Shopify help chat.  It is an internal problem they are working on - but they will send you an email when it works.  and man do I feel ya - i was told it was on my end until today !

Jay111
Excursionist
16 0 7

Pasting into the product description appears to be working today.

HOWEVER, now the pasting into the URL upload portion of the images is only letting me do about 4-6 images.

What a mess haha

GJJ
Visitor
2 0 2

Hi there, I know this is an old post now but just to let people know who are readin it that I recently had the same issue.
I managed to get it working by typing just a couple letters manually, then it let me paste whatever I wanted after that, then just delete the letters you manually typed.
Found this out by accident by just randomly typing anything to see if it showed up on teh product page.

Kreativkopf
Visitor
1 0 0

Thank you for the workaround. I had the same problem with pasting ChatGPT text.