CORONAVIRUS

Highlighted
Tourist
4 0 2

Something similar happened to me, unable to send goods to customers in these months. I am thinking of returning people money and even bonuses for disappointing them. I hope the disaster of this disease can be finished soon, the world works hard so that the coronavirus stops spreading to various countries. Greetings success for us all.

Abu Ubaidillah,

mustafalan.com - abiabiz.com

2 Likes
Highlighted
Excursionist
33 0 10

As of now I have stopped selling. I have stopped advertising. I have sent an email to every customer current and past, explaining the situation; providing for refunds; and advising that I am not taking orders. For those with open orders, most are canceling, but are happy for being given a choice.

Every one of my suppliers are trying not to loose the sale, but have no information on what is happening. While the good news is they think they have found a way to accurately detect the virus, the number of people thus infected is enormous.

If anyone has any information on why AliExpress is acting like everything is fine - advertising for Valentines Day!?!? Are there other Shopify stores that use AliExpress have better luck than me??? Please if anyone has encouraging news I would love to hear it!

Good luck All

www.silverbeautyproducts.com

1 Like
Highlighted
Excursionist
26 0 4
I got a guy to send 15 teddy’s, the rest are trying to buy time. I refunded about 100 pounds today, with apologies. The infection rate is stabilising apparently, but I don’t think it’s gonna be back to normal anytime soon. If they don’t start shipping this week then there will be more refunds. We can get our Ali orders refunded if we cancel them though. I don’t think that I’ll be getting return customers after this fiasco, pretty much have to start from zero.
0 Likes
Excursionist
33 0 10

Hi Carlschmidt!

I have 4 people (out of 45 🙄) left who have not decided - most of those are partially filled. You are right, we will have to start all over again. In the meantime I am tweaking my SEO and do other cleanup work. It took me two months to get up and running, so maybe being ahead of the game will help 🤷‍♀️.

I can’t figure out how AliExpress is making it look like nothing is wrong!?!? That is a strange one to me.

Best of luck to you! About those teddies . . . 😉

0 Likes
Highlighted
Excursionist
33 0 10
February 17, 2020

This was in the South China News

Shanghai’s high recovery rate of 50 per cent against the coronavirus epidemic has given the city’s top officials confidence to resume manufacturing and business activities in mainland China’s most developed metropolis at full tilt.

Encouraging news!
1 Like
Highlighted
2 0 1

Thank you for sharing this.

1 Like
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
258 8 20

Hey! Contacting your suppliers is definitely the way to go. From some people in dropshipping Facebook groups I'm a part of, some Chinese suppliers can actually ship despite the lockdown, but like you mentioned, it varies. Are you open to sourcing out from suppliers outside of China though? With so many dates being given as to when operations in China will actually resume, it's also best to look for alternatives to continue your business operations.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
258 8 20

Transparency is also another solution to take if you want to retain customers. Just be honest about the whole situation - hopefully they can understand. Are you planning on closing down your store completely while the issue with the coronavirus is going on? I hope not! Have you tried using Spocket to look for alternative suppliers who aren't in China? There are a lot and with the fast shipping times, I think it can compensate for the orders you were to cancel due to the virus.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
258 8 20

For sure, honesty is a great way to keep customers. Have you considered using Spocket? I mean if you're open to US and EU suppliers as alternatives so you can continue with your store operations, it's definitely worth checking out. It's quite frustrating to hear different dates, you have customers to serve and a dropshipping business to run - unless you're patient and are fine with waiting for operations in China to resume with no definite date, then it's time to look into solutions to the issue at hand.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
258 8 20

Hey @carlschmidt! Just trying to help out as much as I can. They're merely suggestions in any case as it's defo a viable option to source out from suppliers that are outside of China. Thanks for the feedback though! I'll try to be less annoying.

I think it's great though that you're also checking out other platforms for updates on the matter.

0 Likes