CORONAVIRUS

Highlighted
Excursionist
34 0 11
Can we use this to keep the Community updated on the Coronavirus and our business. I have a Shopify DropShipping store. I have no inventory. All my suppliers are from AliExpress.
I have had a notice on my store about the Chinese New Year, and then modified it to include the Coronavirus.
My first estimate was to be back up on the 5th, then the 8th, then the 10th and now the 18th.
Is anyone else in the same situation? What are you doing? What are you telling customers? What are you telling angry customers who ordered around January 20, 2020?
Nothing of mine has shipped since January 20. I have so many backorders it will be a nightmare to keep track.
If anyone has anything else to share, PLEASE do that here. As a merchant I have never made it through a Pandemic, so I don't know what is proper.
Thank you in advance for any information anyone has to share.

Geri
Silver Beauty Products
www.silverbeautyproducts.com
2 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
258 8 21

Hi @GeriHertel! Gabby here from the Community Engagement team at Spocket.

As it seems, I saw on a Reddit thread that most of China is still on lockdown and that everything could possibly resume in March - this isn't confirmed though. Apparently, it could extend until April. With the efforts to control the virus, this is quite understandable, though your situation is quite understandable too! Business must go on and you have customers to cater to. Although I have also seen in some Facebook groups on dropshipping I'm a part of that it varies from supplier to supplier. One said that her supplier from China was able to ship her orders after contacting them so I think it's best to contact your suppliers directly and ask it it'd be possible.

Regarding what you can tell your customers, I think it's best to just be honest about the entire situation - it's for their safety anyway (although it's rather safe to receive packages from China as per the CDC and WHO - the virus can't survive on objects, it needs a host).

That being said, have you tried using other platforms like Spocket? With the situation in China not getting better any time soon, I think your best option to continue business operations is to search for alternative suppliers who aren't based in China - more from the EU and the US. And Spocket's roster of suppliers mainly come from these regions. Perhaps you can check the app out! You can do so by visiting Spocket's official website to learn more and also by joining Spocket's official Facebook group

Hope I was able to contribute some valuable information!

1 Like
Highlighted
Tourist
10 0 6
That’s odd most of my items shipped around February 1st I do have a few items still waiting to be shipped but I have heard most warehouses should be opening back up but i do believe it depends on the suppliers and where they are located as some are still closed due to the virus. Contacting suppliers directly is a good way to get more info and possibly speed up shipping times on your orders if they are opening back up. Good luck and hopefully more people can put in more info as we get it.
3 Likes
Highlighted
Excursionist
34 0 11
I wish mine had shipped on the 1st. None of my suppliers have shipped since January. I have contacted them, but they are home. I thought they would resume today, but now I hear maybe not until March????
I sell beauty products, so my suppliers may be different than yours.
I hope someone will let us know something soon. My customers are not happy.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Excursionist
26 0 4

It's the same for me, I think pretty soon I'm gonna have to start cancelling orders and refunding people. None of my suppliers can give an exact date because the chinese government can't give them a date. Stop advertising and don't take anymore orders, this is going to go on for a while.

1 Like
Highlighted
Tourist
10 0 6
Some of my items shipped yesterday or over night so when I woke up out of 7 orders only 2 items didn’t ship yet but one of my suppliers says they will ship in 1-3 days so I’m assuming that is good news on my end the last order I have yet to hear back from so I assume I may have to refund that order since it’s been since January 19th and I have tried reaching out twice but no response at all.
1 Like
Highlighted
Excursionist
34 0 11
I have stopped advertising and advised customers with outstanding orders. I just started and was doing great then WHAM!!!!
It is so depressing and those poor people. All my suppliers have been able to confirm is the are OK but don't know either when they will return to work.
Thanks for sharing your story. I feel so cut off and wish I knew more.

Geri
2 Likes
Highlighted
Excursionist
34 0 11
Oh that is encouraging news!!! I got one out of 45 out today! I both get excited and dread looking each day.
Thanks for sharing it is helpful to hear it is not just me. It was helpful to hear that others are stopping advertising too.
Geri
1 Like
Highlighted
1 0 3

I am completely new to Shopify

@GeriHertel wrote:
Can we use this to keep the Community updated on the Coronavirus and our business. I have a Shopify DropShipping store. I have no inventory. All my suppliers are from AliExpress.
I have had a notice on my store about the Chinese New Year, and then modified it to include the Coronavirus.
My first estimate was to be back up on the 5th, then the 8th, then the 10th and now the 18th.
Is anyone else in the same situation? What are you doing? What are you telling customers? What are you telling angry customers who ordered around January 20, 2020?
Nothing of mine has shipped since January 20. I have so many backorders it will be a nightmare to keep track.
If anyone has anything else to share, PLEASE do that here. As a merchant I have never made it through a Pandemic, so I don't know what is proper.
Thank you in advance for any information anyone has to share.

Geri
Silver Beauty Products
www.silverbeautyproducts.com

I am completely new to Shopify opening my first store just a few weeks ago and only had two orders placed but I emailed both of my customers explaining the delay. Within my email I also expressed that although there is an estimate when orders can be shipped there is a potential for the date to move again (as I suspect it will move again) and that they can cancel their order for a full refund now or alternately, I can keep track and update them on new shipping dates as I receive info. So far, one of my two customers was thankful for the email and has asked for a refund. I believe honesty is the best policy with customers so the more info you can provide the better especially if they are depending on an item as a gift, etc....

3 Likes
Highlighted
Excursionist
26 0 4

you should see what dropshippers are saying on reddit, bad news everywhere. I got a supplier who said he can ship my items, got 15 done today, but i think they are just processing and scanning so it looks like it's been sent while it's actually somewhere still waiting to be shipped. I hear there's gonna be a massive wait even after business resumes because the cargo airlines will have a huge backlog. Some people claiming that its gonna go on until april, that annoying Spocket woman is everywhere too, trying to sweep up desperate dropshippers.

2 Likes