CREDIT CARDS

3 0 0
Hi guys, at present i am only taking/using paypal as a means of payment, and trade is slow. What is the best way of taking payment by card? And what do i need to do? Has anyone had bad experiences from credit card payments? kind regards Neil
0 Likes
82 0 0

Neil,

If you are using Paypal then customers can pay using credit card if they don’t have a paypal account. The confusion is the user experience as they are in a paypal branded environment, and from memory steered towards using paypal account if they have registered previously.

The alternative is using a credit card gateway (configurable in your Prefs). This has advantage of keeping the user experience a little simpler and within shopify (though not necessarily the same template as your other pages).

I see you are in County Down. Unfortunately there are no UK credit card gateways supported by shopify yet. I understand that Paypal Pro will probably be first, which has the advantage of not requiring you to have a separate merchant account (to receive the funds), and related costs.

I’m new to e-commerce so I am sure there are more pros and cons, but on balance I am happy to pay the £20 month for payal pro to simplify the purchase experience.

0 Likes