CRM, HelpDesk, Chat, Email Marketing with Shopify

Solved
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
6 1 3

Hi Everyone

I'm looking for suggestions for a tool that integrates with Shopify (it's our main sales channel) and combines the following features. I found several contenders that come close (below). If you have any insight or experience - please share. I would really love to find 1 tool that does it all (switching between multiple apps is clunky, expensive and time-consuming)

Features

In order of importance:

1. Integrates with Shopify

2. CRM / Sales Team support ( currently using Hubspot, but it's expensive)

3. HelpDesk ( customer service aka shared mailbox)

4. Chat ( from the website that integrates with HelpDesk & CRM - considering Drift & LiveChat, but that's 1 more separate app to use )

5. Call Center ( right now using for 800 + contacts, but willing to move )

6. Email Marketing Automation ( using Mailchimp for 15K contacts - monthly newsletters, abandoned cart engagement, eDrip for sales team)

7. Social-media channels (using SproutSocial right now)

8. Video-Calling / Conferencing / Screen-sharing ( using Slack & Zoom right now, Hangouts are going away)

9. Meeting scheduling ( like Calendly)

Bonus points:

1. Integration with Google Business Suite (or whatever it's called now)

Considering that we already pay for Hubspot, Mailchimp, SproutSocial, Hangouts (via Google, but it's being retired !) and Drift (in the near future), monthly bill racks up quickly! ( And some of these tools duplicate each other)

So if we could combine that into 1 ( or 2 at most ) apps , that integrate with Shopify ( WITHOUT having to again pay for 3rd party integration via Zappier-like tool - or at least without going overboard).

Goals
  1. Combines multiple tools

2. Improves customer service

3. Keeps everything to 1-2 screens ( our Sales team is very mobile - they work off laptops & phones, so screen real estate or having to open multiple windows is just, counterproductive)

4. Reduces monthly SAAS bill

Contenders

These apps hit most (90%) of our requirements.

1. ZenDesk

1. They seem to have the best integration with Shopify out of other choices, but as I understand it's in the HelpDesk module not in CRM ( ZenDesk Sell)

2. Teamwork

1. Shopify integration with CRM is via Zapier ( which is a problem)

3. FreshWorks

1. Pricing is not clear ( when combining multiple modules - it rack up quickly)

4. User

1. This was one of the top choices for me initially, but they don't have a Shopify integration (only via Zapier at this point, which quickly will rack up a bill)

5. Salesforce

1. This is the 800 gorilla in the room. My previous experience with them was not great - I had a distinct feeling that I was being "SAP"-ing or "Oracling" if you know what I mean, but that was a few years ago. Supposedly they more focus on small business now.

6. Keep the same hodge-podge of apps & add/switch missing ones

1. CRM: Hubspot

2. Helpdesk: GroovHQ or Helpscout

3. Web & Team Chat: Drift / Shopify Ping / LiveChat

4. Social Channels: SproutSocial / Buffer / Hootsuite

5. Email Marketing: Google Suite + MailChimp

6. Video Calling: Using Zoom & Slask may give Google Hangout Chat a try, as they are working to improve it.

7. Scheduliyearsng: Google Suite - basically emailing back and forth between people. :D

Discussion

What are your thoughts? Please share any experiences with any of these apps

18 years + programming experience (Ruby, Javascript, SCSS/SASS/CSS)
Highlighted
1 0 1

I'm also interested. Following 

Highlighted
Tourist
4 0 2

Hi, I'm curious which solution you went with and how it's going?

Joe

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
6 1 3

This is an accepted solution.

Hi.

It was an agonizing decision. We tried to evaluate all of the above solutions.

Overall I think Teamwork is a better product for our needs, but the biggest drawback was that there is no direct ( other than hap-hazard one through zapier) connection solution to bring Customer & Order data into Teamwork CRM & Support modules.  We could develop one, but don't have the time to sink into creating API integration between the two right now.

We ended up going with Hubspot as the best compromise. It's not 100% a great fit, but it gets us about 80% there.  We'll see how it goes.

Other solutions were not as good of a fit for us on quality, support or features, one way or another.

Keep in mind that it was a 100% subjective desicion, based on our priorities, it may have a different outcome for somebody else.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
4 0 2

Hi, thanks so much for the reply. If you don't mind, what was your main objective with a CRM system? And, what accounting software do you use? 

Joe

Highlighted
Shopify Partner
6 1 3

Accounting -> QuickBooks

The objectives were the things I listed in the original post, but the MAIN one was to increase the ability of Sales & Support teams to service customers.  Shopify is giving us limited access ( and we are not ready to go to PLUS yet). Also, Hubspot offers better visibility and traceability into who needs to follow up on which issue and/or customer contact.

Project management, social media engagement, email marketing - those we can, for now, manage through other tools. But Shopify Admin, Email & Excel are no longer sufficient as a CRM substitute.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
4 0 2

Thank you for the info, I appreciate that! We are still looking but leaning towards Zoho. 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
6 1 3

In my subjective opinion, while ZOHO seems like a good deal because they have so many different things for a lower price, the integration between different modules is clunky and buggy.  I tried ZOHO several times, and every time once I invested some time, I had to pull the plug and switch to a combination of several other products. 

Having said that, ZOHO works for some people, so my experience may be very subjective. But I'm generally of the opinion that the old adage holds true - "you get what you pay for"

Anyways, I wish you good luck :)

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
4 0 2

Thank you again, good luck to you!

Joe

Highlighted
2 0 1

Hi Everyone,

I am new to this community and I noticed this thread of interacting with Shopify through Collaborative channels. I don't know how many of you use Slack or Microsoft Teams. But if you do, we have built a plug-in that can provide a lot of capabilities and we are on product hunt today: https://www.producthunt.com/posts/shopify-command-set.  These commands run in Slack and they are open-sourced so you can customize, you can also create new commands very easily in Javascript or Python. The commands that are pre-built are: 

If you want other commands and don't know how to develop, just reach out to us on Nimbella Community https://nimbella.com/slack/ and someone will help on developing those commands.

Please note that these commands are all free to use.