CSS, JS AND jQuery are loading twice

151RUM
Excursionist
17 0 5

Hey guys,

i cant believe it but the biggest files of the debut theme are loaded twice. Css is 211kb and js 69kb. And Shopify use jQuery ONLY in the Checkout but i need it before so when i load it before it's 2 times there in the checkout. Why you dont include your jQuery in the normal Front Store... that is absolutely nonsense in my opionion. i detected a third jQuery in a thrid party app, so i have 3 instances of jQuery lol.

The Paypal.js size is also way to big, even if you hide the button it loads over 250kb, the biggest file of all!

How i get rid of the css and js file ? What could be the problem that it loads twice?

151RUM_0-1603181300323.png

Thanks in advance.

Regards

Replies 3 (3)

Jason
Shopify Expert
11190 225 2283

You've only provided part of the debug console so it's hard to know if those files are downloaded twice or not.
Are you able to share your url so it can be seen live?

★ I jump on these forums in my free time to help and share some insights. Not looking to be hired, and not looking for work. http://freakdesign.com.au ★
151RUM
Excursionist
17 0 5

Hi @Jason ,

can i send you a private message to my store and if yes, how ? ^^ I dont want to make it public (yet). It's not ready at all.

Greetings

151RUM
Excursionist
17 0 5

Hi @Jason ,

i cannot contact you directly. Can you send me a private message ? Thanks